One: He ruined my day.

Janaan

Janaan was thinking about her life. She just graduated from high school this year and waiting for the colleges she applied for to reply to her email but none did- University of California, University of Washington, Harvard university of law and Oxford university.

Her father promised to take her abroad if she pass her West African Examination Council and she did. Now her father wants her to go to Harvard university and study law where her cousin- Halam is studying Architecture. But if she doesn't get admission in Harvard, he'll send her to University of California where her mother's cousin- Aunt Zaina is living.

"Ya Jay?" Her little brother- Affan- who was just nine years old called from the bicycle he was riding in their big house compound. He's so cute that she always use his picture as her profile. His chubby cheeks, tan skin, small nose and plump baby lips.

"Check your food, I don't want it to burn again because of your day dream." he pouted to which she smiled and ran into the house through the backdoor that is another entrance to the kitchen.

"Subhanallah!" she murmured the du'a before she removed the cover that was used to close the pot she was cooking.

She sighed with relief when the she checked the food that was inside the pot and she found out that it wasn't burnt. She was cooking her famous fried rice which was selected by her siblings- that's what they want to have for dinner- since her parents are out of the country- Kydah and Anwaar- for a vacation in New Zealand.

Their house help -Tehzib- was asked to stay with them. So many rules were set for them to follow, each one of them with his/her list of rules.

Tehzib is an old woman, fifty-two year old widow but still have the energy to do what her parents can't do sometimes.

"Something smell good in here," Akira sniffed the air when she walked into the kitchen wearing a very huge green tee which is probably Adnaan's and orange skin tight. Her hair was in a loose ponytail with a veil clasped on her head.

Akira, her thriteen year old sister is the axact replica of their father- Alhaji Anwaar Othman Muhammad. She's short but also not so short, its just that anyone her age is taller than her.

She has the size burns, like her father's, long natural black hair, chubby cheeks, doe-like-eyes, small cute nose, and peach lips. She also looks like Andah- Omairah, their elder sister who died some years back -before any of them was born- she was a leukemia patient for a few months.

They didn't know about the illness till when it reached it's last stroke. The doctors couldn't help with any treatment because it is already in the last level of leukemia cancer. Even the chemotherapy didn't help in any way then, they were devastated.

Kydah -their mother- decide to open a foundation with the help of Anwaar, for cancer patients since then.

"I know right! Will you help me set the table please?" Janaan asked her sister with a smile- happy to get a compliment from her sister which is very rare if you ask Janaan.

"Sure sis," she grinned before she start to set the table. Starting with the cole slow Janaan prepared earlier, more like decorated. She also picked up some plates, spoons, forks, dinning knives and napkins.

"What next?" Akira ask Janaan when she finished arranging the cutleries on the small dinning table that's in the kitchen- where they eat when their parents are not at home. They said the dinning table was so big and it feels empty without them.

"Cucumber juice is inside the fridge, bring it out, take this pepper chicken to the table and call Aunty T," Janaan threw orders before bringing out a food flask so she can transfer the food inside. Aunty T is Tehzib, Aunty Tehzib is so long for them, or so they said.