Chapter 11

Diane P.O.V
I laid beside King who was injured badly.
"King!!,King!!"I put my hand on his shoulder and tired to wake him up.He wasn't responding and I started crying
"Don't worry I'm calling for help right now"I immediately started to cry.
He passed out and people gathered around the scene.
I tightened my fists and hit it against the ground softly
"Idiot!"I muttered and heard a cry coming in front of me.
I brought King's head and hugged it,crying softly.
I heard the same sound again and saw the little girl crying while sitting up.
At first,I didn't recognize the girl and brought curiosity to me.Then it hit me,King shielded her from the car.
Before taking out my phone,I heard sirens and look behind me.Police cars and ambulances were parked and people came out of the vehicle.
One of the officers tried to release me from King but I pulled away from them.
They finally took King out of my grasp and carried him to the stretcher near the one of the ambulances.
"Let me go,I'm his friend"I said while two men tried pulling me away.
"Sorry,but this is for the professionals,kid"He said and walked away from me.I stand still and felt someone hug me.I cried my heart out and hugged the random person back.
"Diane,it's ok"It was Elizabeth who reassured me.
I wiped my tears away and she brought me to a nearby bench to sit on.I can see them take away the little girl and her mother into the vehicle.
Elizabeth patted my back several times which helped me to calm down a bit.
"What happened?"I heard a voice spoke in front of us.

I looked up and saw someone I haven't seen in such a long time.
"Merlin!?"Elizabeth and I said surprised while I sniffed but was also confused at the sudden approach.
"It's been a long time,Diane"She smiled and I attempted to smile but frowned.
"Explain to me what happened"She demanded
"King had gotten into a horrible accident"I said without The waterworks coming from my eyes.
She looked at me and then  at the vehicles driving away.
"We should head to the hospital soon"Merlín said as we both nodded and started walking to the hospital.
As we were walking,it was a weird period of silence.
"Sooooo.."Elizabeth started
"How's your new school?"Elizabeth asked
Merlín looked at her and smiled
"It's great but the boys in my school won't stop harassing me"She remarked which made us giggled
We began talking until we got to the entrance of the hospital.
As we walked to the receptionist,I could see the same people in the ambulances carrying King in a stretcher from a distance.It saddened me that I had to see him go.
Once we got to the receptionist desk,the lady was typing on the computer and noticed us.
"How may I help you?"She asked stop and faced us.
"Yes,we wanted to visit a boy who recently just got here named King"Merlín spoke and the lady checked her computer again.
"Ok hold on just a minute"She looked at the screen.
"You mean Harlequin?"The lady asked
I widened my eyes in confusion.
Harlequin?Why does that sound so familiar?
Merlín nodded
She then gave us a disappointing look.
"I'm sorry but he's in the emergency room right now.You can't see him right away "All of us looked at each and I frowned.
"But you are allowed to wait.The room is on the second floor next to the emergency room."We all nodded and went to the nearest elevator
"Merlín?"I called out
She looked at me. "Hm?"
"Who's Harlequin?"I asked
She chuckled almost inaudible and smiled
"It's King's real name.King is just his nickname he told us to call him"She answered
"He told the whole group,I thought you knew Diane"Elizabeth mentioned
I shook my head as the elevator door opened and we all walked in.
"For some reason I don't remember,it does sound familiar though like..I heard it way back then as a child"I admitted
I noticed Merlín observing me while I was thinking more and more about the name.
"Oh,that's why"She said out loud
"Hmm?what do you mean?"I asked while looking at Merlín questionably.
"It's not my position to tell you but I'm sure your parents or sister should have told you"I felt like I knew this but it's all a blur to me.
"Ok"Is all I could say
A few seconds later,the elevator door opened and we all walked out.
"Merlin please tell me"I begged as we all walked to the waiting room next to the emergency.
We sat down
"I'm sorry,but you can ask your sister.I assume you know about the car crash involving you in it a long time ago"She said as I nodded
"Explain to me how you found about this"I sighed and took a deep breath.
"It all started as a dream,once in a while the dreams continued but had stop after the incident"I explained quietly
Elizabeth looked back and forth between me and Merlin
"Hold on,I'm lost in the conversation"She said impatiently
"As a child,Diane had gotten into a car crash.I've knew this since my father was the doctor nurturing her .Unfortunately,I'm the only one in the group who had know about way before Diane did"Merlin explained as I gave a sorry look to Elizabeth.
"But.."I continued as I faced down and clenching my fists onto my lap.
They both looked at me
"In every dream,there's the same boy I was with when I was young.His face was blurred but it turns out me and him were best friends and were playing in the park.He promised me that he will stay by my side which sounded very cheesy for a nine year old to say"I spoke softly
"Now I don't know if the boy was real or it was just coincidental dreams"I blurted out
It was silent for a few seconds
"At least you know most of it.You just need to find this boy and I apparently know who it is"She remarked
My eyes widened as I jumped out of my seat.
"You know?!"I yelled
She smiled and nodded
"The boy is.......King"