Chapter 7

(Back to King's P.O.V)
I woke up with terrible pain in my whole body.
"Look who decided to wake up"I heard and saw Ban walk up to me.
I sat up and looked around.This place doesn't look familiar.I tried to remember how I ended up here.
"Yo,what's up,King"Captain waved
"How are you feeling?"Diane who was sitting beside me asked
"Fine,I guess"I answered and rubbed my cheek from the aching pain.
"I'm sorry,I shouted you at you and left you alone earlier."My eyes widen and I gave a genuine smile
"It's ok,I should have opened my mouth and said something"I chuckled
Captain walked up to me.
"Can you explain how did you end up like that on the sidewalk?"Captain asked and crossed his arms.
I remembered that face Howzer gave me.I clenched my fists.
"Howzer"I mumbled underneath my breath.
The more I think about it the more angry I get.
"What was that?"Diane asked
"That douchebag Howzer did this to me"I said a bit more louder that I thought
"Howzer"I said while trying to get off the couch but the pain was unbearable.
"Woah,King you shouldn't get up yet"The Captain said while trying to grab a hold of me.
I swiped my hand away from him and tried to run towards the door but Ban grabbed the back of my collar of my uniform.
"Let me go dammit,I'm gonna find Howzer and give him a piece of my mind"I growled
Ban saw my eyes and let go of me.
"If you wanna get beaten up more,then find Howzer"He said while putting his hands in his pockets.
I ignored his comment and was about to touch the knob of the door but coughed.I covered my mouth with my hand.I then saw blood.
"King"I heard Diane mumbled
"Sorry guys but I'm gonna head home"I said while clutching my fists
I was about to opened the door but the door swung open fast before I touched it.It hit my face making my nose bleed and made me fall backwards.
"Sorry,I'm late but..."Elizabeth said and noticed me on the floor.
Diane rushed to my side and helped me get back up.
"I'm so sorry!!I didn't know you were there,King"Elizabeth bowed her head down.
"No it's ok"I gestured my hand to let Elizabeth know I'm ok.Diane handed me tissues and I held it against my nose.
"Thanks"I gave Diane a soft smile.
I sat down back on the couch.
"Where were you anyway?"I asked Elizabeth
"I was getting these"I didn't notice she was holding a box of donuts.
"Oh"
"How are you feeling?"Elizabeth asked while putting the donuts down on the coffee table.
"Ok"I answered
"Anyway.."Captain started
"What happened?"He asked once more
I sighed
"After Diane left me,Howzer came up to me with his pals.He started blabbering about some nonsense and beats me up"I explained as I looked away
"Do you know what he was talking about?"Elizabeth asked while she hand a donut to the Captain.
A flash popped into my head and made me remembered what he said.
"If Diane did end up with you,you wouldn't have the strength to protect her.She needs someone that's not all skin and bones"I can hear his voice echoed
"Diane will love me and won't care about you.If you want Diane,come and fight us"It echoed again.
I slowly moved my head down and frowned.I noticed it was a long moment of silence
"King?Did heard what Elizabeth asked?"Diane asked which made me snap out of my thoughts
"Ugh Yeah..sorry to leave you hanging but I don't remember.Those punches to the face probably got to my head and made me forget"I chuckled nervously
I looked around the room
"I know this is too late to ask but where are we?"I asked
"Oh we're at Diane's house"Captain said while chewing his donut.
I kinda stared into space but something poked my cheek.
I turned around and noticed it was Diane poking my cheek.
"Want one?"She held out the box of donuts in front of me.
"Ugh..sure"I picked out a glazed donut and took a bite out of it.
I looked at Diane who was talking to the Captain.She looked so happy.
'There's no way I can end up with her'
I remembered where we first met.We actually met somewhere in middle school but after the accident,she forgot about me and met me during our final year of middle school.
'She won't remember'I thought to myself.
There's was a time,where I saved her from those bullies.I touched my scar that was way back when I fought those bullies.I don't care what people say but it was worth getting this.As a kid,I say that scars are a symbol of toughness.I was always confident back then but I don't know what happened.
I began to laid back down on the couch.
The words that Howzer had send to me won't fade away.It keeps coming back.
"Oi King you don't wanna talk for a bit?"Ban asked as I twisted my body away from them.
"No,just leave me alone.I just need rest"I said in a rude vibe and closed my eyes.
Before I fell asleep,I heard Ban said
"Geez,someone is in a bad mood"