I'd rather be me

Hey

Warnings: none, tell me if there are

Ship sailing: none

~•~

Nikki's sneakered feet tapped across the wood of the flower scout dining hall table.

Everyone was dead silent as they watched the green, knotted haired girl walk to the middle of the table and stop. She made sure all eyes were on her before she set down the stereo she had under her arm.

Everyone was surprised as the supposed "fixed child" was not wearing her uniform. Instead she wore a bright yellow t-shirt and an even brighter red overall, cut at the knees.

Mrs. Priss stomped over to Nikki. She looked angry.

"Nikki," she hissed out between her clenched teeth. "What. Are. You. Doing!"

It wasn't a question.

Her hands were in fists by her sides. Nikki didn't cower away or climb down and beg for forgiveness like Mrs. Priss thought she would. No, all Nikki did was look her in the eye, blink, and hit play.

"So you're best friend screwed you over? Acted nice, when she 'not nice'? Well I have some advice, cause it's happened to me. Twice!" Nikki sang, shooting a glare over to the trio. They all glared back at her with equal hate. Well, except Erin. She was chill.

"Here's my secret strategy, it always works because, the world doesn't end! It just feels like it does!" Nikki practically screeched as she walked down the table.

No one dared stop her, they knew what she could do. No, most just watched. They were actually intrigued because a lot of them had had that happen to them. They wanted to know what to do if it ever happens again.

"So raise your right finger," Nikki lifted up her middle finger slowly. "And solemnly swear! Whatever they say about me, I don't care!"

Nikki jumped off the table walking over to the trio and staring daggers at Sasha and Tabii.

"I won't twist in knots to join your games," she pointed to Sasha. "I will say you make me mad," She pointed to Tabii. " AND IF YOU TREAT ME BAD, I'LL SAY YOU'RE BAD," This time Nikki pointed her fingers at both of them. Her glare only hardened, as did theirs.

Nikki looked across the room at all the other astonished girls. She rose her hand into the air, pointer finger pointing to the sky. "AND IF I EAT ALONE FROM THIS MOMENT ON, THAT'S JUST WHAT I'LL DO! CAUSE I'D RATHER BE ME, I'D RATHER BE ME! I'D RATHER BE ME THAN BE WITH YOU!" She glared at every girl in the room, especially Sasha and Tabii.

She started slowly walking around the lunch room, finding her self in the middle of the room.

"WE'RE SUPPOSED TO ALL BE 'LADIES' AND BE 'NURTURING AND CARE'," she fake gagged. "IS THAT REALLY FAIR? BOYS GET TO FIGHT WE HAVE TO SHARE!" She stomped in place on the last word and threw her arms around before going over to one of the girls.

The girl looked scared. Nikki stared her in the face, an evil smirk on her face.

"Here's the way that that turns out, we always understand how to slap someone down with our underhand!" Nikki sang, even though she wasn't yelling she knew all the girls could still hear her. The girl she was staring widened her eyes at the lyrics Nikki sang but her face soon morphed into one like Nikki's.

Eyes wild with mischief and evil smirk plastered to her face. The girl sprang up and started dancing around the room while Nikki continued to sing." SO HERE'S MY RIGHT FINGER!" Nikki and the other girl raised there middle fingers. This time Nikki directed hers towards Ms. Priss, who stormed off, before continuing.

"TO HOW GIRLS SHOULD BEHAVE! CAUSE SOMETIMES WHAT'S MEANT TO BREAK YOU, MAKES YOU BRAVE!" She sang, eyes filled with determination. She didn't think she would get this far.

After singing that line, and seeing the other girl dance around more girls started to join.

They wanted to have fun too.

"So I will not act all innocent, I won't fake apologise! Let's just FIGHT and then make up! Not tell these lies," she continued, spinning and dancing along with all the other girls. She was having the time of her life!

"Let's call, the damage even," she jumped back up on a table, fist raised in the air.

"CLEAN THE SLATE TILL IT'S LIKE NEW! IT'S A NEW LIFE FOR ME! WHERE I'D RATHE BE ME, I'D RATHE BE ME, THAN BE WITH YOU!" The girls surrounded where she was on the table.

"I'LL SAY NO!"

"No!" The other girls echoed her.

Nikki was a bit surprised. She really did not think she would get this far. "I'LL SAY KNOCK IT OFF WITH YOUR NOTES AND YOUR RULES AND YOUR GAMES! AND THOSE SYCHOPHANTS WHO FOLLOW YOU, I'LL REMEMBER ALL THEIR NAMES!"

She spun around to look directly at Sasha and Tabii. Erid, Nikki had noticed, had joined the group of raging tiny females. She pointed to them. "AND WHEN THEY DRAG YOU DOWN LIKE THEY INEVITABLY DO! I WILL NOT LAUGH ALONG WITH THEM AND APPROVE THEIR PALACE COUP CAUSE THAT'S NOT ME!"

Nikki jumped into the sea of girls. She braced for impact but soon realized that they were moving her towards another table as they screamed 'NIKKI! NIKKI!' over and over again.

This. Was. Amazing! Once she made it over to the other table she jumped back up and continued.

"I DON'T NEED YOUR GOOD OPINIONS, I HAVE PLENTY OF OPINIONS! EVERYBODY HAS OPINIONS BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE THEM TRUE! WHAT'S TRUE IS BEING ME! AND I'D RATHER BE ME! I'D RATHER BE ME THAN BE WITH YOU!" Nikki sang as loud as possible.

She didn't even know who she was singing too at this point. All she knew was that whoever it was, they better run.

"SO RAISE THEM HIGH," All the girls raised their middle fingers high into the air. "CAUSE PLAYING NICE AND SHY IS INSULTING MY IQ!"

Nikki smiled as she heard the chorus of cheers and agreements. She had started a revolution, and their was no stopping until the world changed.

"I'D RATHER BE ME!" She jumped on the table along with the girls. At this point Sasha and Tabii has stormed off somewhere.

Where exactly? Who cared, they were gone!

"I'D RATHER BE ME! ID RATHER BE ME THAN BE WITH YOU!" she pointed to herself, emphasizing her point.

"ID RATHER BE ME! I'D RATHER BE ME! ID RATHER BE ME....THAN BE....WITH.....YOU!" Nikki collapsed on the table.

"I'D RATHER BE ME!" Nikki yelled, sitting up in her sleeping bag. She looked around her tent wildly. Her breathing was heavy as she clutched her chest, trying to get some air in her lungs.

Her tent mate, Nerris, sat up. She rubbed at her eyes, willing the sleep out of them.

"Nikki? Are you okay? Has a sleep demon plagued you with night terrors?" Nerris asked, lisp showing. Nikki shook her head but then remembered she probably could not see her.

"No, no. I'm fine, Neris. Just...just an old memory from.....the flower scouts." Nikki whispered. She could barely make out Nerris eyes widening.

"Oh," Nerris mumbled.

She knew all about Nikkis' traumatic experiences in the flower scouts. "Do you want to cuddle? To ward off the evil sleep demons?" Nerris questioned hesitantly.

Nikki smiled slightly and lifted up her blanket. "Get over here dork."

~•~

1240 words

It's some crazy times