Unrequited Love

Ships sailing- one sided MaxPres and....coffebois™(new name for Max x Neil by yours truly)

Warnings: One sided love, crying, mentions of anxiety and kind of describing the feeling. Tell me if I should anything else!

I know its been a while and I'm sorry but I told myself I would get this out today! I hope you like it.

-

Preston was nervous.

He was so nervous.

Why the fuck was he so nervous?!?

He wasn't even doing anything that nerve-racking. All he was doing was confessing his long time crush on a certain wild haired boy. Nothing that bad...

He couldn't fucking do this.

Preston paused mid-step as that thought crossed his mind. He was on his way to Max and Neils' tent. He had a yellow daffodil (Maxs' favorite) and was prepared.

Yeah, he was prepared. Except he had no idea what to say. That's okay though! He'll just wing it. Let the heart speak.

He looked down at the delicate piece of nature in his hand. He twisted it a bit. Through his pointer and thumb. It was so beautiful...so bright. He could just stare at it forever...

He was stalling.

He tried to make himself keep going but anxiety gurgled in his gut. It felt like slime and ooze was swashing around in his stomach. Twisting and turning like clothes in a dryer. He felt as the slime monster tried to climb up his throat.

It felt like he was drowning a bit.

Now he was sweaty! Where did all this sweat cone from? Oh gosh, he's gonna look like a fool.

Swallowing this slimey feeling, he opted on a few deep breaths.

"Come on Preston..." he mumbled to himself. "You can do this. Just go up to him, give him the flower and tell him how you feel. That's all you have to do."

Slapping a smile on his face, Preston continued on his quest to Max.

Preston arrived at Maxs' tent exactly one minute later. He stopped outside of entrance, about to open it, when he heard speaking.

Now, he knew eavesdropping was wrong. Super wrong! It was rude and an invasion of privacy.....but then Preston heard his name! If you talk about somebody then they're allowed to hear it, that's what Preston thinks.

He had to listen to it now!

"I don't know what to do about Preston, Neil." He heard Maxs' somewhat nasally voice groan, followed by a flop. Preston assumed he fell onto his bed.

He smiled a bit, a new feeling filling his chest. This feeling was nice and warm. Comforting and exciting. Something Preston could definitely get used too.

Was Max talking about him....

Did Max have a crush on him!

"What do you mean?" He heard Neil ask, followed by a bit of shuffling. He had moved closer to Maxs' bed. Preston frowned a bit at hearing his voice.

Lately Neil had been giving him glares and sneers whenever he was staring at Max. He had a suspicion but never really knew why....

"Don't you see! That lanky theatre fuck has a crush on me! It's obvious!" Max all but spat out. He....he didn't seem to pleased with that fact. Preston frowned.