Pleaaaaaase

Oh, hello there :)

TW: eating mention, talk of coming out, nothing else. Pretty fluffy. Tell me if i missed anything!

Ship sailing: Familial Nikki & Neil

Apologies for the length but I have a couple finished stories i'll be posting either today or tomorrow

-

"Neil! My big brother! The best big brother in the world! My family! So kind and loving and-"

"What do you want, Nikki?" Neil sighed, not turning away from the homework on his desk. Nikki dropped the large, fake, smile from her face and plopped onto his bed with a huff.

"Fine, ya caught me," she huffed. Neil hummed and glanced behind him at her puddle like state on his bed.

"Doesn't answer my question; what do you want?" he asked, cutting straight to the chase as he scribbled out an answer to a science question. He frowned and erased it.

Nikki rolled onto her stomach and propped her face up on her hands.

"Mom was being...herself again. Talking about my future for me. Getting excited at the "nice young man I'll marry one day" and "all the little grandbabies" I'll have." Nikki grumbled, grabbing for an abandoned half of a chocolate bar that was sitting on Neils night stand. She broke a piece off and popped it into her mouth as Neil turned in his seat.

"Oh, that sucks. Know how much you hate that. Why are you here, though?" he asked, not unkindly. Nikki chewed and swallowed.

"I was thinking about coming out to her. Today. Right now," she explained. Neil nodded along, not liking where this was going. "So...I was hoping you'd tell her and dad...for me?" she asked, a pleading look on her face as she popped another piece of chocolate in her mouth.

"No." he said, taking the chocolate bar from her hands and breaking off a piece. He threw it in her direction and she caught it in her mouth, with a frown.

"C'moooooon! Neeeeeeiiiil! Pleaseeeee!" she begged. He frowned. She caught another piece in her mouth.

"No, Nikki, no." he said, firmly. Nikki squirmed on the bed, a pout on her face.

"C'mon! Please! You already did it-"

"Yeah, on my own-"

"And it went smooth for you. Your mom even bought you a cake!" she whined. Neil huffed but said nothing.

"Nikki, coming out is something you have to do, yourself. I can be there with you but I can't be there for you-" another whine. "So, if you need emotional support, I'm all here but this has got to be something you tell your mom yourself. Okay?" he finished, turning back around in his seat.

Nikki groaned, but said nothing.

The siblings sat, quietly, in Neil's room for almost an hour. The only sound being the scratching of his pencil and the on again off again tapping coming from Nikki. Once Neil was finished, and he saw Nikki was still there, he put away his work and turned around in his chair. Nikki sat up, a hopeful look on her face.

He sighed. She smiled.

"I'm still not doing it for you," He started. Nikki deflated and flopped back down onto the bed. He rolled his eyes. "But...if you just happen to choke up and can't find it in you to continue...I guess I can pick up where you left off." he sighed, eyeing Nikki with something...familial in his eyes. Nikki felt like crying right then and there.

"Okay, thank you." she nodded, standing up along with Neil. He held out his elbow for her to latch onto and she did so, gratefully. They walked out of the room, ready for whatever came. 

~•~
568 words