Pregnant

“He’s going to be mad isn’t he? I’m going to ruin his career. He’s going to leave me.” I’m freaking out with my best friend on the other line. “No he’s not going to be mad, it’s his fault too you know. It’s not like you did this all by yourself.” “We’re not ready to do this, he has so much stuff going on and I have so much stuff going on.”
“Calm down, I know this is scary but you’re making yourself more anxious.”
“I know, but you can’t blame me, I’m not ready to have a freaking baby. And I know Harry isn’t either.”
I was hoping that calling my best friend would ease my nerves, but it doesn’t seem like it’s doing much help. It’s probably been less than fifteen minutes since I received the news and I’ve gone through the stages of being happy, extremely excited, nervous and now freaking out.
“Yeah, but you need to calm yourself down. I’ll come over to your flat and keep you company until he gets home, I don’t want you to be passing out over there.” And with that she hung up and was at mine and Harry’s flat in less than ten minutes.
I practically drag her inside and to the sofa so I can pour my feelings over her. That poor thing, listening to me rambling for hours... she probably thinks I’m crazy. “For the hundredth time y/n, you won’t know until you tell him. Maybe he’ll be scared, maybe he’ll be angry or happy. We don’t know until you tell him.” I receive a text from Harry, saying that he’s just grabbing some dinner and will be on his way home shortly.
“Good luck Hun, I know everything will be great!” My best friend gives me a hug before leaving the flat. It seems like hours, waiting for Harry to get home.
“Babe, I got pizza, is that alright?” His voice echoes through the flat. “That’s fine.” I smile as I’m greeted with a kiss on top of my head when he walks into the kitchen. He talks about his day, how great the new song is turning out and how much fun he had at the recording studio today. “Why are you so quiet? Are you alright?” He asks concerned. “Yeah, I’m fine.” I smile and grab another slice of pizza.
“What did you do today?” “Nothing, y/bf/n came over and we just hung out for a while. We went to the mall but it didn’t take long for some girls to spot me...” That was a bad lie...it would be all over everything if I would’ve been at the mall today. Just last week I went to get a haircut and it made the papers. It can be pretty ridiculous.
“That sucks; I hope you still had fun.” He smiles as he gets up and cleans the dishes. “Yeah I had fun.”
This is stupid. Just tell him. Get it over with.
“Harry.” My voice is shaking. “Yeah?”
“Uhm, what movie do you want to watch?” Damn it. Just tell him, it isn’t that hard. We settle on the couch, me snuggling into his side as he places his arm around my torso. I have no idea what movie we are watching, I’m thinking of the best way to tell him.
“Alright, what’s wrong?” Harry’s voice drags me out of my thoughts. “Nothing.” “Y/n, you’ve been quiet all night. There’s obviously something wrong, I know it. Did something happen at the mall?”
“No.” “Then what is it, I know there’s something-,” “I’m pregnant.” I blurt out. My stomach instantly drops. “I’m pregnant Harry.” I repeat, looking up at his face. He has no colour left and was staring at nothing. “Are you sure?”
“I didn’t go to the mall today Harry, I went to the doctor’s office. I know this is going to change everything and I could be ruining your career. I understand if you don’t want this. I understand if you’re mad and you want to leave. I’m so so sorry.” I feel the tears pouring from my eyes, maybe this relationship is over, he probably doesn’t want it.
“Hey, hey, stop.” He cups my face in his large hands, wiping my cheeks with his thumbs. “This is scary, and this is going to change things. It will make things harder but you’re never going to have to do it alone, we’ll figure it out.” He brings me into his embrace, planting little kisses on the top of my head, calming me down.
“I love you y/n.”