Escape

Time had passed. Mintstar now had almost all the former warriors into kits, and even some of the apprentices. Jaypaw was one of the few remaining, and the cat who had convinced him, Lily, joined the clan. She had the name Lilyfrost, and no one suspected her. Owlfur and Amberblaze were stuck taking care of the new kits.

"Leafpaw, DawnClan isn't that safe anymore. With all the new kits, we barely have any warriors, and the other clans might attack!" Jaypaw told her in a whisper.

"I agree. What can we do about it though?"

"I could convince Ravenkit and some others to come out of the clan. Maybe even Deerleap. I don't want to be here when we're attacked." Leafpaw nodded in agreement, thinking.

So they set on their plan, and convinced Ravenkit, Deerleap, and Specklefur to come with them. Right before they left however, Mintstar called another meeting.

"Recently, I have felt the need to retire. Nightflash is taking my spot as leader. But before I go, there's two more traitors." Jaypaw felt his heartbeat race, hoping not to be called upon.

"He can't just retire like that!" Leafpaw whispered to Jaypaw and the others that were ready to go.

"Specklefur and Skyfeet are now to be treated as kits." Behind him, he knew Specklekit was shrinking.

"Clan dismissed!" Mintstar, well now Mintfur, said. Nightflash walked up behind him, smirking. He leapt up to the Ledge next to Mintfur.

"Actually, not yet. Mintfur, you demoted yourself for no purpose. Laziness like the warriors you demoted. You shall have the same punishment." Nightflash said, "And Foxcall shall be my new deputy. Now the clan is dismissed." Mintkit frowned, but said nothing as he struggled a bit to get down the rock.

Jaypaw got out of camp with the others, quickly getting through the territory. Ravenkit quickly started falling behind, his small legs not fast enough to keep up. Jaypaw ran beside him and picked him up by his scruff, than caught up with the others. Ravenkit sighed, tired of being small.

"We should head out of clan territory." Deerleap suggested. The others murmured agreement. Once they were out of clan territory, they took a break, as they needed one. Specklekit had gotten small enough to carry and Leafpaw did so.

"Where are we going after this?" Leafpaw asked.

"We could look for a place to stay near here, but not too near to the border." Jaypaw said, glancing around. Deerleap and Leafpaw nodded and the kit-sized former warriors agreed as well.

"Good idea." Leafpaw murmured.