The Punishment?

"May all cats old enough to catch their own prey join beneath the Clan Ledge!" Mintstar's call rung throughout the clan, as cats begun to gather. Jaypaw noticed a very energetic Leafkit. Shoot, he forgot Leafkit had her ceremony today as well!

"I bet you're going loose your apprentice name!" Rockpaw teased Jaypaw, smirking widely. Waterpaw sat next to Rockpaw, ready to defend Rockpaw if needed. Duskpaw sat down glancing around nervously. He looked as though something would murder him the next chance it got.

"Today we gather to announce new apprenticeships. Leafkit, step forward." Mintstar's voice boomed. Leafkit excitedly moved towards Mintstar, eyes bright. "Badgerfur, you were a great mentor in Nightflash, and Lionfang was a great mentor to you, I expect you to train Leafpaw in the ways of DawnClan."

"Of course, Mintstar." Badgerfur vowed loyally, dipping his head in respect.

"Many of you have heard of Jaypaw and Rockpaw's fight that occurred yesterday, and I have decided the outcome." Many cats murmured, and Jaypaw's ear picked up the many bets of how he would be punished. "Jaypaw has shown his worthiness to become a warrior apprentice, and I take him as my own."

"Mintstar! Rockpaw was going easy on him!" Foxcall protested, sending Jaypaw an icy glare.

"Foxcall, Rockpaw was not. Explain why Rockpaw has the scars and Jaypaw barely has a scratch on him." Mintstar reasoned with the mother.

Foxcall stayed silent.

"I have reason to believe, from many sources, that Rockpaw has been hurting his clanmates, and I shall decide his punishment now." Mintstar told the clan. Rockpaw got caught? Finally! Jaypaw thought to himself as Rockpaw seemed to grow uneasy. "Foxcall, you also were included in this issue, it is fair you are punished as well."

Jaypaw glanced at Duskpaw, who looked to be very interested in the ground as his ear flicked anxiously.

"Rockpaw, you will look after the kits and the nursery until I tell you otherwise. Foxcall, you are not worthy of being a warrior if you are going to act as you have now. I assign Nightflash as your temporary watcher, you cannot leave camp without a warrior, and you will perform the normal apprentice duties. And you loose your warrior name until deemed alright." Foxca- or rather Foxpaw now, had gotten many warnings before, and now the dam breaks.

"You can't do that!" Foxpaw exclaimed, narrowing her eyes.

"Clan dismissed!" Mintstar said with a flick of his tail, jumping down by Jaypaw. "Jaypaw, watch Foxpaw with Nightflash and work on your spying skills." He leapt up and then left into his den. Jaypaw followed Foxpaw and Nightflash outside of camp. As he watched them, he started to notice as Foxpaw was smaller then normal, her head only reaching Nightflash's shoulder.

"Now Foxpaw, what did you want to do again?" Nightflash questioned, his voice showing his slight annoyance.

"I am Foxcall! In fact, I'm older then you!" Foxpaw desperately claimed. Nightflash chuckled lightly, looking down at Foxpaw.

"You're still smaller then me." Nightflash teased lightly, as friends would, "Okay we're out of earshot, what did you want to tell me?" Nightflash then added quickly once they were a bit away from camp.

"I'm smaller than normal... as small as I was as an apprentice! I'm telling you, the naming ceremony has powers if used in reverse!" Nightflash nodded, pausing to sniff for other cats. Luckily the wind was blowing the right way for Jaypaw.

'Just what are they planning, even if the naming ceremony does?'

A/N: Should I keep the part with the magic, or take it out? I'll take it out if most of the readers want me to! Leave your choice in the comments section!