Beware the cold, hard tundra...

"Jaypaw, make sure to give Ashberry her juniper berries today." Shadowmoon reminded her bitter new apprentice gently. Jaypaw let out a moan and muttered out an ok. Jaypaw pawed out some juniper berries from the back of the storage and put them in a leaf wrap. On his way to the elder's den, Leafkit meowed a concerned hello.

"I'm getting Ashberry her herbs." Jaypaw meowed bluntly and walked away from the she-kit. Boy, he would regret those words for the rest of his life. As he shoved over the berries to Ashberry, he heard Duskpaw chattering off his mentor's ears as they went to train.

"Hi Jaypaw." Leafkit greeted him, slightly smiling. He rejected the younger she-cat with a frustrated growl and whipped around. In his small angry daze, he stalked back to the medicine den. He sunk into his nest, tail twiching angrily. Why did Foxcall never accept him as her son, he'd never know.

|•~•~•~•~•|

"Where am I?" Jaypaw asked as he appeared in a white clearing, then a beautiful white she-cat with hazel eyes walked over to him. The she-cat had curious stars dancing in her fur, and her eyes shone brightly with faith and courage. The way she held herself confirmed she was a clan cat.

"Jaypaw, you are in StarClan for a message." The cat clarified, "My name is Snowblossom." Jaypaw hesistated before dipping his head in respect to the StarClan messenger.

"What's the message?" Jaypaw questioned eagerly, though dread and hope both were displayed in his eyes.

"One of ice will come. Many will come after, trying to destroy the clan. But their own blood will fight and kill themselves, saving Dawnclan, and many others. Beware the cold, hard tundra."

|•~•~•~•~•|

"Jaypaw!" Shadowmoon hissed, prodding Jaypaw awake, "A strange cat came!"

"Why are we needed?"

"They're kitting." With Shadowmoon's brief explaination, Jaypaw dashed out to see a white she-cat with scratches and scars a many, birthing. There was a hole in the nursery wall, where she was now, and she had collapsed too close to Amberblaze for comfort.

"She was trying to take my kits!" Amberblaze exclaimed, holding her kits tight to her.

"We still have to help the kits." Owltail protested, grief glimmering in her eyes. The dusty brown she-cat had recently lost her first litter, Gorsekit and Lionkit. Shadowmoon quickly nodded and set to work, helping the exhausted, kitting she-cat.

"The kitting is finished." Shadowmoon alerted the cats, sweeping her fluffy tail away to reveal three newborns. One was a silver tom, another a white she-kit, and the last a black she-kit with a few white dabs of fur. The new mother had woken up, and begun to demand to see Mintstar, saying her name was Tundra. The name rung a bell to Jaypaw, but he quickly forgot where from because of all the worry for the kits and the questions and excitement.

"What do you want?" Mintstar asked Tundra bluntly for why she wanted him in the nursery. Tundra revealed the kits and purred, smirking.

"Honey, here's your kits." She said, and Jaypaw noticed a crazed look in her eyes. Mintstar saw the craziness and seemed taken aback.

"You are not my mate." He hissed, taking a glance at his worried sister, or Amberblaze, as Jaypaw knew.

"Sweet, stop arguing with me. Your kits want you to be happy." She said, forcing out a 'happy' remark. Mintstar growled, fur bristling and tail lashing.

"Ravenwing, remove Tundra from camp. The kits were born here, so they have a rightful place in DawnClan." Mintstar ordered, hissing Tundra's name with venom. Ravenwing nodded dutifully and turned to Tundra before escorting the mad she-cat away.

"I'll take care of the kits." Owltail offered, feeling guilty for ripping the newborns away from their mother.

"Of course." Mintstar said with a quick nod as he left, and Jaypaw could visually see the tension underneath his pelt.

"The tom is Riverkit, the white kit Windkit, and the last one... Berrykit." Owltail annouced, motherly licking the new kits to make them warmer.

"They'll be great warriors." Shadowmoon murmured politely before motioning to Jaypaw it was their time to leave. Jaypaw reluctantly left, finally understanding one of the needs for medicine cats. Without them, the clan would die easily and be weak.

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, writer's block and all that. Anyways, the next chapter won't be out for a bit, I believe.