Sunday Service #1

JUGHEAD POV

The next day, I went to the church and then to the roadside. I continued to pick up trash and couldn't help but feel bad when I was with Betty. I finally realized what I had been doing all of these years, and there were no ways I could make up for it.

"Hey Betty." I whispered. She ignored me and she turned around. I walked to her got in front of her.

"You're right! I've always been jealous of you." I said. Betty looked at me in the eyes.

"I mean, you have everything I don't. Good grades, good friends, and much more. We only have just a few things in common. We both like to write...I just can't in front of my friends because I know they'll make fun of me. I like to read also. We're also growing up without Dads." I sighed. She looked at me in the eyes and weakly smiled.

"I want to hear you say it, and mean it."

"I'm sorry for everything I've ever done to you. You don't deserve it and there's no way I can't get those 10-years back. But I always made fun of you, because I was jealous. I'm so sorry with all of my heart, Betty Cooper." I said. She smiled and hugged me. It was a little weird, but I hugged her back.

"Well, look at this...you two are getting along. But there is still trash that needs to be picked up." Henry said. We went back to picking up trash.

"We're not friends, Jughead. We're just...staring over."

"What if I want to be your friend?" I asked.

"Then you're going to have to work up there. Until then, I hardly know you and you hardly know me."

"That's a deal, Cooper." I smirked. Betty smiled and went away. It was a new and a fresh start for Bughead. But how were my friends going to handle this? What was going to happen when I got back to school?