30 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

[S4E10 - AFTER SCHOOL SPECIAL]

— ☆ —

    ELEANOR HELD THE CANDLE STICK TIGHTLY. Her lips were pressed into a thin line as she watched her mother walk to the middle of the schools gymnasium to give a speech about the mayor — who'd died by the hand of no other than Klaus. Eleanor had no idea until Caroline was the one to tell her the night before. She hated the fact that she hadn't known sooner. Faster. She didn't even attend the party that Caroline went to with Klaus — where later in the night, Carol Lockwood would die — she was too preoccupied doing her own thing and attempting to focus on her school work. Maybe she should've just gone. The party had, more or less, slipped from her mind entirely. Ever since the small spat she'd had with Kol, she didn't feel overly ecstatic to go out. Caroline had understood why she didn't bother to go out that weekend, letting her stay home to sulk in old movies and piles of math homework.

    Movement from the side caught her eye, making her look towards the source. It was Tyler, walking down the steps and leaving the gym. Her heart tightened, watching as he went. She wanted to run right after him, and just tell him everything would be okay. But would it? He'd just lost the one parent who'd been there through everything. Through his father, his anger, and his supernatural awakening. And throughout it all, she'd cared and loved him with all her heart — as a mother should. Without thinking twice about it, Eleanor stood abruptly from her spot and quickened her pace down the bleachers and towards the gyms doors. She slipped out, quietly letting the door shut behind her before looking both ways down the halls. At this point, she had no idea where he was as she took a random guess at walking down the hall.

After five minutes of attempting to find the hybrid, she'd given up. Finding herself staring at the gym doors. She couldn't decide if she should go in or not. It stayed like that for a few moments, at least until her phone's ringtone shut up her thoughts and caused her to turn away from the gym doors as she answered. "Hello?"

"Hey," Damon spoke, his voice sounding strained in the slightest. Eleanor knew he had grown a soft spot for Carol. They'd become unlikely friends throughout the past year, making this hard for the eldest Salvatore as well. "How is it there?" Damon was not in Mystic Falls for the time being. Of course, Eleanor knew why. Although she couldn't see why Damon of all people was chosen, he was picked to help Jeremy train to become a hunter at the Gilbert family cabin. She didn't necessarily think they needed a cure to being vampires. She understood why some wanted to be human, like Stefan. But, she felt it was just a bit too much trouble for the moment. Especially with the infamous original hybrid, Klaus Mikaelson, wanting to be in on it as much as possible for his doppelgänger.

   Eleanor cleared her throat, fixating her gaze on the small message board across the hall from the gym. "Tyler left, and I have no idea where he is. I wanted to find him and comfort him like a good friend but... I can't find him. As for everyone else, there's a few tears here and there but we all feel awful for Tyler, especially."