1 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

[S3E01-THE BIRTHDAY]

—☆—

SCREAMS FILLED THE HUMID AIR, as Eleanor kicked even more rocks, sighing and beginning to hum to herself. "Love, what're you doing? I think I told you to stay in the car." Klaus spoke, as he trudged his way through the trees and dirt path. She simply shrugged before opening up the passenger door, and getting in.

"It was getting hot and you were taking longer than you said you would," she faked a sad pout at Klaus, as he got into the seat beside her. He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Well love, finding leads doesn't take five minutes." Before she could answer to that, the back door swung open and a grumpy Stefan plopped himself in before slamming the door back shut. "Have fun in there, rippah?" Klaus asked, a small smirk Eleanor had gotten all too used to, plastered itself onto his face.

"Just drive," Stefan grumbled back, looking out the window. Eleanor found herself frowning. Stefan was fairly different than how he'd been when they were back in Mystic Falls. She knew why of course. Being with Klaus, was painful. Especially for him, with all those kills and piling bodies. Not to mention Damon and Elena, constantly coming for the both of them.

"No need to be so grumpy, Stef." Eleanor mumbled, beginning to turn up the radio. The rest of the drive was silent. Which it usually was, unless there was bickering of some sort. Although, Eleanor never minded when it became like this. She liked to imagine what was happening back in Mystic Falls, what her friends were doing, her sister. So many things that she could've never gone without only a few months ago before the supernatural world dragged her in for a ride.

   "Come along love, I'll buy you whatever you'd like to have since you've been so..." he paused for a moment. Looking for the right word. "Cooperative." He finally spoke, giving her a small smile as they walked towards the bar where a supposed Ray Sutton was currently resided. Eleanor followed just beside Klaus, while Stefan slightly sulked behind them. Klaus pushed open the door, allowing both Eleanor and Stefan to walk through first, before entering himself.

Already knowing the small part she held in the plan, Eleanor took a seat at the bar beside a burly brunette man. She smiled at him as she took the seat, quickly picking up the menu. "Hello, sweetheart. How are you?" Ray asked, his eyes dragging up and down her body.

She held in a disgusted remark and instead, spoke what she was supposed to. "I'm just fine, how are you, Ray?" His whole body tensed up, a smirk curling at her own lips as he began to lock up.

"Who are you?" He asked, beginning to get up, just then, a hand placed itself on his shoulder and shoved him down back in his seat.

"I think the better question is, who am I?" Klaus said, leaning in with a menacing look as Ray began to look even more spooked. His eyes began to look around, as if for some sort of help. "Ray Sutton. Am I correct?" Although he already knew the answer, he still asked.