15 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

[S3E18-THE MURDER OF ONE]

—☆—

       "FINALLY, YOU'RE HOME!" Caroline exclaimed to her twin, who'd just walked through the front door. After the 'incident', Eleanor had decided to distance herself a little from everything. She didn't blame Alaric. She could never, blame Alaric for what was happening. It was unnatural and horrible what'd happened to him, she knew it; everyone knew it. The blonde simply needed a breather. A breather, meaning a weekend spent with Rebekah and Klaus. Who were both, very glad she'd chosen to stay with them. Although, the mystery of where Kol was, still lingered in the back of her mind.

    Giving a small smile, Eleanor nodded with a soft sigh. "Yeah, I'm back. Sorry for leaving and going without telling you first  I-"

  "Seriously?! That's all you have to say? Eleanor Forbes, you were stabbed. Twice! By one of our closest friends. And what do you do? Leave. Leave to the Mikaelsons," Caroline interrupted, speaking the name of the originals with disappointment. She always thought if something like this would happen, Caroline would be her go to. Apparently, the younger twin was wrong. "What did you even do?"

    Grimacing, Eleanor thought back to the weekend with both originals. Her and Rebekah continued looking for the stake, and with Klaus, he taught her some things about painting. It was the oddest and yet, most calming of weekends for the teen. "Nothing. I just stayed there." She lied straight through her teeth, and yet she didn't feel bad about it. It was strange, she usually always felt a trembling qualm of guilt wash over her from lying. But... not this time.

  "Okay, then. Well, I should probably tell you." The small sentence, caused Eleanor -who still stood in the foyer-, to raise her eyebrow at Caroline. "Bonnie made these herbs, and they're supposed to help heal Alaric, with whatever's happening to him. They're helping keep his dark side buried. That's what you've missed this weekend."

     "Oh," a wave of relief knocked itself into Eleanor's system as she processed the words. Alaric, being helped. Hopefully it'll keep working. Hopefully, this problem will be gone and done with. "Is he..." She hesitated, not sure how to even ask it right. "Alright?"

     "Yeah, he's at his apartment with Damon right now. If you want to go visit him?" The question was asked with an uneasy tone. Caroline had no idea how Eleanor would react to seeing Alaric. The last time she had, well he was stabbing her.

   The blondes eyes flashed with something unrecognizable to her twin, possibly, fear? But no, that wasn't it. "Maybe, I should." After a moment of silence, Eleanor nodded her head twice. "Yeah! I'm gonna, I'm gonna go see Alaric." The statement was obviously forced, before she left her bags in the foyer and turned for the front door. "I'll see you later, Care." Exiting the suburban house, she quickly got into her car, letting out a small breath.