26 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

[NOE-THE CATCH UP]

— ☆ —

        "AND, WELL, THAT IS WHY I COULDN'T STAY." Elena sighed, her fingers brushing through her now wet hair and pushing it behind her ears. The bedroom was quiet, only the small ruffling of the sheets and the tiny dripping coming from the bathroom. Bonnie simply nodded, already knowing why they'd rushed from the party. Eleanor, on the other hand, sat there with slightly wide eyes and a small 'hmm' echoed from the back of her throat as she processed what the brunette had just told her.

Her own hair was twisted into a tight bun, her hands rubbing at her eyes. "Well, we really should've done it with Stefan." A breathy sigh escaped her own lips before a beep knocked out the tense air. All eyes glanced down to the upturned phone screen that flashed a new message. "Oh, Kols here to drop off my stuff."

Bonnie and Elena nodded, getting off the bed as Eleanor did. "We should start the popcorn and get the dvd player ready." With that, the trio made their way down the stairs. Elena headed for the kitchen, while Bonnie strayed to the living rooms cabinets containing the numerous amounts of classic movies. The blonde made her way to the front door, and twisted the knob to reveal Kol standing on the other side. His arms were stuffed with bags, including one draped over his shoulder.

     Eleanor laughed outright, catching the attention of both girls back in the house. "What is all this? I thought you were just bringing my things!" She exclaimed grabbing onto three of the seven bags in his arms. The original shrugged, a smirk growing wide on his face as he saw the duo join them and how their eyes widened.

  "The bag over my shoulder is your things. The rest is things I thought you could want." He answered, nodding down towards the bags clutched in Eleanor's hands. Out of curiosity, she opened the bag — all three teenage girls peering into it, to see its contents. Inside there was many chocolate bars. Causing Bonnie to laugh, and Elena to sigh happily and throw Kol a possibly first genuine smile. Eleanor cheered lightly, and passed the three bags to Bonnie before turning and easing the last four out of Kols arms and into her own. The doppelgänger beside her, connected her arms with the vampires and helped lower the heavier plastic bags to the ground.

    As Kol slid the bag strap down his arm and into the palm of his hand to give Eleanor, she wrapped her arms around his neck suddenly; bringing him into an embrace. His arm awkwardly outstretched with the bag and the other loosely gripping her waist. The weight left his hand as Elena eased it from his hand and gave him an amused look as he gave her a grateful glance before wrapping his second arm around the blonde.

     "Thank you," she whispered into his ear, enjoying the calming presence after the hectic day. "You really didn't have to do this."