20 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

[S4E01-GROWING PAINS]

—☆—

A LOUD GASP ECHOED FROM ELEANOR'S LIPS as she sat up straight from the couch. An insatiable buzzing spread throughout her body like wildfire, as memories from last night flooded back into her head. The accident. The water. And, the suffocating. How it felt having the air dragged from her lungs and how bad the burning and scorching need to breathe had been.

Her eyes barely adjusted to the seemingly brighter lights, when a face came into frontal view. Kol. Her blue eyes squinted, trying to focus in on him and the approaching blurred figure behind him. Rebekah's face became clearer as she sat at the end of the couch with curious eyes at the girl. It made her feel slightly self-conscious. A white noise almost enveloped her whole without her noticing the words rolling off of Kol's tongue. He waved a hand in front of her moving and squinting eyes, causing her to snap her attention back towards the original.

"Eleanor? Darling?" His voice was soft and comforting, a small hand placed itself on the back of her head as she winced at his voice and the overbearing light. "Are you alright?"

"H-How," she swallowed thickly, a dreary qualm of worry and curiousity at her situation, overwhelming her voice and the girls overall senses. "How am I alive?" At this, both siblings before her grimaced. "I remember choking on the water a-an-and," a shudder went through her at the memory of her soft hands slipping from Elena's. "Letting go."

Her eyes dropped, watching her fingers as they twirled in a nervous fashion. "Darling, you're in transition." The words were almost a whisper, barely even above it. Eleanor's eyebrows furrowed, and she looked back up between them. Seeing her expression, Kol sighed and crouched lower. "I gave you my blood in the school that day. Do you remember?" She nodded her head, slowly coming to terms with what he was saying. All the pieces slowly falling to place. "It seems, that there was enough of a time window that-" He paused, not truly sure how to go on. "You were able to turn. When you died, you died with my blood still in your system."

An audible gasp tumbled from her lips as she grasped what it all meant. "I'm a vampire?"

This time, Rebekah spoke up from the other side of the white leathered couch. "Only, if you decide to drink human blood."

     Eleanor sat back, resting herself on the back of the couch cushion. The blonde seemed at a loss for words, overall. The room fell into a soft silence, Eleanor's eyes trailing along to her fingers. Not wishing to look in the original siblings' eyes. Did she want to be a vampire? Eleanor didn't want to die. She knew that for sure. There were so many things she'd wanted to do, and there wouldn't be anything of the sort if she... didn't turn.