My love triangle with my best friends hot dad and her delicious brother 11

Chapter 11

I didn't know what to do. Run back? Fall from a cliff? The revealation that Sahara was behind the destruction-in-process of Elle, and by cooing back to Alex she was indirectly trying to make a bargain for his empire. And who was Joslyn? The silent figure who they I mean Russell and her wanted to come in Adoni's life. I was dumbstruck by the fact that not only was I in a compromosing situation but I was in a stay or not stay position. I had made it clear moments ago that I wasn't staying but now what solid reason would I have to come up with in order to stay back and prevent any collateral damage.. I couldn't beleive myself. I slowly gathered my thoughts, fixed the hem of my shirt and started walking down the stairs and saw Alex staring at me from the main door. Crap! Shit! Did he see what I had been doing? Eavesdropping wasnt exactly my kinda thing but with this little information I had was justified enough to do the act. I took deep breathes and decsended down the stairs.

"What do you think you were doing?" his eyes were questioning me and I knew he had seen me listening on to what Sahara must be talking about.

"Nothing that concerns you Alex. Oh and BTW I dont care what I do so why should you?" I was now going to go back to who I was. No bounderies, no limits, no hesitations, no regrets and no shame.

"Look. I know that you were listening on to what Sahara wastalking on the phone and I could read that your expressions became stiff and worrisome." He came closer to me, "and don't take me for a fool cuz I know what game she has on her ass." He looked here and there just to see if someone was watching us. I don't know what prompted me to say what I said next or why I said it but i knew I had to say it for the sake of Elle and her well being.

"If you really wanna know what I heard, you better meet me in my apartment tonight cuz I swear if i didn't act on it fast you and your family might ened up loosing everything. I'll text you my address." and without furthur ado I fixed my shirt and sat in the limo that was waiting for me with a weak feeling in my knees. And when I looked up from the back window of the limo I could see Adonis looking at me from what was my room only a week ago with that forbidding expression that I couldn't put in either the loathing or the sad category.

The door bell was ringing in my ears and I had to pull over the pillow to cover my ears. But the constant ringing was so frustrating that I had to throw the pillow that knocked my IPod from the bed side table.

"I'm coming I'm coming." I had to fidget for something that could cover me. I settled for my shirt that I wore after taking a bath earlier in the afternoon. The door bell started ringing again and this time I had had enough. "Which part of I'm coming don't you unders_______?"

"I figured it would be amusing to see you all flared up." Alexander was clearly enetertained with my anger act right now.

"I clearly don't think that you should underestimate my estrogen under the circumstances." I ushered him in. It was awkward to sorta be in the same vicinity as Alex after the almost chaotic incident that happened earlier on.

"So let's cut to the chase shall we?" He sat down on one of the sofas in the drawing room. My apartment was in Beverlly Hills and it was posh but simple. Three bedrooms with attached bathrooms, a living room cum tv lounge and a two in one kitchen and dining. The colour combination was a mix between bronze texture and an eco-freindly brown shade. I had my own portraits and my family's limning the walls. The furniture was actually made from timber and it costs me a fortune but thankfully I had my insurance to cover all the expenses. I had decorated my spacious apartment with flowers, exquisite paintings and ofcourse a Virgin Mary statue right at the entrance, I beleive spiritual guidance can be a big help. I was raised a catholic so it made sense. I told myself to be calm and tell Alex what I had heard without overthinking the whole situation.

"So?" he inquired, "what is it you wanted me to hear?" He wasn't being playful but was rather stern in his features and I swear I saw fire behind those eyes. Fire that could burn you alive. It made me feel vulnerable, but rather than chewing on my lips I cleared my thoughts and recollected what I had heard of earlier today.

"What i am going to tell you might need more than just your pride and testosterone." I didn't feel like playing around like a playbunny.

"I have all night." He sat straight and after blinking several times said, "So continue...."

And that's when I took a deep breathe and told him everything from my coming down the stairs to leave and what Sahara had said and that she had Joslyn planned for Adonis. I saw that at the mention of Adonis he actually choked and shifted his weight but I carried on without making it too obvious that I so wanted him to feel cofortable. I then filled him in on the most secretive information Elle could convey me and take me into cosideration that for a second, Alexander seemed to loose all focus. I felt bad for him not because I had a connection there, but because he knew that his family and estate were at stake and it was complicated when you have your ex trying to grab it all and destroy you woth fire that not just burns but turns your bones into dust.

"What am I going to do?" He stood up and went straight to the kitchen to pour himself a glass of water. I didn't feel lke stopping him because I knew the feelings myself when I found out the ill fate that was to behold his family. And that was before I took matters into my own hands. I saw him looking so old and vulnerable that i wanted to console him. But when I went near too check if he was having a heart attack because he was crouched like he was having one, when he abrubtly spun around and grabbed me with his hands and hie eyes piercing through mines and it ffelt like they could break metal without any difficulty. I could feel the tension radiating from him and anger directed towards me. But I knew it was because he was frustrated about the information I had just shared with him.

"Stop hurting me. It hurts." He had gottten hold of both of my shoulders and his masculine hands were enough to leave bruises if pressured immensely. I could feel him retreating and sit down on one of the stools in my kitchen. I rubbed his touch of because it actually did hurt.

"I always had an itching feeling about Sahara coming back. But with this plan," He looked at me and this time I actually did see agony behind them, "what am I gonna do?" Uptil then I didnt have a clue what he or I for that matter were to do when a plan just hatched up and a light-bulb flicked on inside my head. And I had to brace myself for his reaction.

"Why don't you take me back to the mansion and I would be happy to put on a show for her. I'll be your girlfreind for that matter. I'll tell Elle about everything when you say so." I clasped my hand over my mouth and saw that Alex opened his mouth in utter disbelief. I had to actually blink a thousand times to grasp what I had just proposed to him.

"What the fuck?" Alex actually looked sweet with his expression of astonishment that I had to cave in for my feelings towards him and believe me I actually did want to dance at the moment. After a few moments after he had recollected himself, he asked me, "Whats the plan."