Chapter Ten

(Skylar's P.O.V.)

"Get off," I mumbled into Ethan's chest. Somehow, overnight he had ended up on top of me. Let me tell you, muscle weighs a LOT. Either that or he was a fatass, which was probably more of the truth... Just look at him, ignoring all the muscles and you'll see I'm totally right. But if you look his his muscular, non-muscular body for top long, then I'll have to get some girl to hold my earrings! After I get my ears pierced, but I'd do it just for Ethan!

He just groaned and said something so garbled that closed captioning wouldn't even do much good. "I can't fucking breathe, fatass." I thought I heard him chuckle as he rolled off me and kissed my cheek. 

"Ugh, morning breath. Go brush!" I scrunched up my nose and smirked when he put a hand over his mouth. Somehow, he had actually managed to keep his breath smelling like chocolate.. What the hell? How is that even fair? "Ooh! Wait! Let me get in the shower first and you can scrub away at your gingivitis while I'm scrubbing at my delicate skin." 

"Delicate my ass, I do think that last night prove--" The door shutting cut him off and I quickly stripped, hopping behind a shower curtain and hiding from the cold water spraying overhead. "Can I come in yet?"

"Nope!" I popped the 'p' and whined when I felt the freezing water. "How long does this take to get warm?"

I jumped when I heard a voice right beside me, "You just have to make it hot in here first." I shivered and backed away, suddenly feeling bashful. I'm Skylar fucking Jones! Bashful is a dwarf! I reject that title!

"Shut up and brush your teeth, my ass already hurts." I heard him huff when he slid the shower curtain. Scrub-a-dub-dub! I just made dubstep in the shower! Eeep! New levels have been achieved!

As soon as I turned off the water, I heard the door crack open. Smiling to myself, I opened the shower curtain and dried myself off, making sure to do so slowly, just to treat Ethan. When I heard the door creak open a bit more, I threw the towel towards the door. He kicked it trying to scramble away and I vaguely made out a growing tent in his pants. Hah, I win. 

"Suck it!" I yelled over my shoulder, smirking and pulling on my clothes.

"Only if you suck mine first." Ethan wrapped his arms around me and I felt like butter on popcorn, seeping into him. Whoa, I can't believe I'm not butter! 

"Gross, pervert. Last time I checked, you were," I made air quotes with my fingers, "straight. Like, as straight as the pole your mom dances on, kind of straight." I ducked out from his arms before he registered what I had said and dove into his bed. It smelled like him. 

"You little!" I raised an eyebrow when he raised his fist, but mine didn't drop until long after his did. "Sorry." He hung his head and the beautiful brown hair on his head shined. 

"You need anger management classes, baby." I ran behind him and jumped on his back. "Onward!" Ethan just snickered and readjusted himself.

"Where to?" he asked ever-so politely.

"Why, the kitchen of course!" We sounded about a hundred out of our time, but we didn't really care. "Isn't today Monday or something?"

"Or something? Dude, it's Wednesday." He needs to not call me dude. I mean, I understand the whole 'mancard' thing, but alone, with me, does it really matter? Ugh, he needs glitter too! Geez, I could solve all the world's problems with a huge tube of glitter... But, Wednesday?!

"uh, what time is it?" I tried to not freak, but when you're failing really every class, it took some effort. 

"7:49, why?" I smacked the side of his head lightly.

"School, dummy! I need to be there! Are you going?" I started up the stairs but realized I was wearing the only clothes I had with me and my hair would just have to suck it up for a day. "I'm sorry, see ya! Wait, do you remember where I put my keys when I came in the other night?"

"Give me two seconds, I'll drive you." Ethan took the stairs two at a time and came down shirtless less than a minute later. "Come on, let's go! Waitin' on you now."

"I think you're forgetting something." I laughed and headed towards the door anyway. He grabbed a shirt from the backseat of the car as he was pulling out of his driveway. "So, how are we getting out?" Ethan looked confused. "Well no one really knows about us, and so you shouldn't be driving me to school. We shouldn't even be talking to each other."

"Stop here!" We were about half a block away from school when the car skidded to a stop and I jumped out. "See ya in class, honey." Ethan rolled his eyes and looked hesitant to pull away from the curb.  

The day dragged but I was glad to have not missed again. All of my teachers gave me weird looks, I guess missing two days and coming back with a bruised face doesn't really give them good ideas. 

Michael was at my locker after last hour, but I saw Ethan glaring at him from down the hall, watching carefully.

"Hey.." I tested the waters and glided up to him. 

"Where have you been?!" Michael grabbed my shoulders and kissed me roughly. It honestly wasn't a good kiss, thought for his level I suppose it was. I pulled back and looked around, trying to make sure no one had really seen us. 

"My back, for some reason, hurt like hell. No idea why though." I rolled my eyes and opened my locker, shoving books in and getting one out for Ms. Brockway's class. 

"I'm really sorry! I'm on medication for that now." He rubbed his arm and stood awkwardly.

"Oh, you're right, that makes it all better." I shut my locker and turned to my left but an arm was stuck in front of my neck. "Move. your. arm." I didn't look at him because I knew his spring colored eyes would just soften me. His hands pushed my shoulders back against my locker and the handle dug into a cut. 

"Listen to me." I peeled off the wall but Michael slammed me back. Clenching my jaw, I closed my eyes and let him dig his fingernails into my shirt. 

"Excuse me, but I do believe that fairy you're picking on is my friend." I wanted to scowl, but I really was a fairy compared to Greg. I felt the claws retract and the pressure lift from my shoulders as Michael brought himself up to his full height, but he still didn't match up to Greg.

"Leave, Michael." I whispered, and he obeyed. "Thank you" i mouthed to Greg once Michael was gone. He nodded and walked with me to Ms. Brockway's room. 

"Come home with me after school, please? I need to talk to you. About... well, a lot of things." Greg's eyes darkened a bit and his eyebrows came within half a centimeter from touching, but he turned and strode off before I could question him any further. 

Goin home wit Greg, dont wait up. I sent it to Ethan and slouched in my seat, praying for no more complications. All of this was because of Greg's stupid ploy to meet the new kid, Bill, which neither of us had talked to. He had been sucked into popularity already. 

I groaned and set my head on my desk, awaiting the ringing of the bell.