Chapter Seven

)))Blackmail! I'm only posting the next chapter if i get a vote, comment or a fan .-. because i don't really think anyone is actually reading this..(((

(Skylar's P.O.V.)

My first two knuckles were being bitten slightly as i paced my room. I swear, one of these days I'm going to make a ditch that'll soon drop me down a floor. I just couldn't wrap my head around the day. It was all surreal. I mean, come on, really? I didn't think a jock would actually care about my problems, nor would one try to help. I just didn't know how he was going to. Ethan and Michael were pretty evenly matched size-wise and honestly, i think Michael actually had a slight gain on him. Ethan was a bit more sporty, so he was probably a bit stronger, but that only compensated for his lack in height, not much else. 

Normally I wouldn't care if Ethan got his intestines ripped out and strung across the room by some crazy-ass psycho, but he was really cute today... He was being sincere! And in a guy, that was rare. Very rare. But whenever you found it, it was beautiful. So beautiful it made me crush on him, even when the only crushing he did on me was my head against a row of lockers. Ugh. Men. 

I dropped my hand out of my mouth and skipped over to my wall of books. Books were always a good distraction. When my parents would fight, i would just get lost in a book, automatically tuning them out. It was like it was real. Relic. I read off of one of the book covers: the start of a strange but beautiful series. 

Knockknockknock. The door handle jiggled up and down. 

"You may enter!" i yelled from the bed, trying to keep my voice even and sexual sounding.

"Hey, are yo-" i cut across him with a shriek and accidentally threw my book across the room, towards the door. So maybe it was more of a subconscious thing than an accident, but same difference, right? Michael threw his hands up in surrender and crossed the room in two strides. The bed dipped under his weight and he looked at me cautiously. Fatty. But nevertheless, i couldn't help but stare into his green eyes. They were so pretty. They looked like...spring. Does that even make sense? And they contrasted so well with his dark brown hair. Hair that could pass for black.

"Hey, are you alright?" he started again. "I didn't see you at school today except right before school started." I nodded once and crossed my arms.

"Yes. I'm fine." I answered shortly. Nodding my head only one, I pointed towards the door. How did he get in the front door...?

"I'm only leaving if you come with me. I feel bad about this morning and I want to make it up to you. Please?" He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. Even though I knew they were fake, I couldn't resist tears. I hate having people sad.

"Okay, alright, fine." I grabbed the hand he had held out for me and pulled myself up off of the bed, getting tangled in the covers. Huffing and shoving the covers aside, I crawled out of bed on my own, taking Michael's hand once free. We slowly wound our way down the stairs and into the kitchen where i could smell amazing smells wafting from already. 

"Close your eyes and no peaking!" Michael sang shrilly, but i obeyed. He led me two doors down and into the kitchen. "Now open them!" My eyes sprang open and i gasped when i saw what Michael had done. The kitchen was clean, but filled with food. He had cleaned! Aw! I have a maid now! But it was the food that looked the most amazing. There was so much and it all looked so damn good! Eggs, toast, french toast, bacon, pancakes, waffles, muffins, sausage, biscuits and gravy. It was like breakfast heaven!

"Why is there so much?" I could feel my mouth watering. Oh, gee, I'm such a pig.

"Well," He started, looking uneasy, "I wasn't sure what you liked for breakfast, so i kinda figured 'why not make a buffet?' and so that's what I did.." He looked awkward and uncomfortable by the time he finished all I wanted to do was hug him; so I did. Michael stepped back, startled, but I held on. He hugged me back and handed me a plate. "Dig in!" He sang and released his other arm from around me. I spun and piled food onto my plate until there wasn't any more room to stack it without it falling over.

Then, Michael pulled out a chair for me, can you believe that?! I don't know what changed, but I'm glad it did! I finished eating in record time and looked up to find Michael looking right back at me. I suddenly felt self-conscious about how much I had just eaten and how unmannerly it was... but he just smiled, watching me like I was the most amazing thing in the world. 

"Are you finished?" What else did he have planned?! What has gotten into him?! I nodded slightly but made no attempt to move, or I might've exploded. Grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the living room, Michael started a movie, but I never found out which one. I didn't make it through the previews before the food really kicked in, making my eyelids heavy and my muscles relax. We had curled up on the couch, I in front of him, facing him, with his arm over me and pulling me closer to him. I snuggled against him and drifted off to a peaceful sleep, done with worrying if he would hurt me.

)))Sorry it's short, it's a lead-in for the next chapter, which won't be put up without a vote, comment or a fan..cough cough(((