Chapter Fourteen

(Skylar's P.O.V.)

I groaned and rolled onto my stomach, licking my dry lips. No one should be alive this early in the morning. Not on a Friday. Hell to the fucking no. But i guess it's just natural to wake up when your phone doesn't shush, even after you politely told it to be quiet! So rude. Stupid alarms...

I swung my legs over the bed and ran a hand through my hair, blowing out a long breath. My phone could wait, I realized, when I glanced at the clock and did a double take when it was after 9. Shoving on all my clothes sloppily and running down the stairs, I stopped dead in my tracks. I didn't have a way to get to school. I obviously missed the bus.

To: Ethan

Its alot 2 ask but can u pck me up at lunch? missed tha bus

I closed my eyes and prayed, but realized if he said no, I'd just skip, no biggie, hah. So i did the logical thing and threw myself into the recliner, clicking on the TV. 

I woke up to a pounding on the front door and shot off the couch, literally, and fell on my ass.

"WHAAAT?" I half yelled and half groaned.

"I guess you don't want me to pick you up and I skipped a class for nothing." A shadow turned away from the door and became a bit smaller.

"NO! Nonono. That won't be necessary." I pulled myself off the floor and grabbed my books off the counter. School! Why is that so exciting? Totally shouldn't be. Oh well! 

The open door revealed a smiling Ethan, keys in hand.

"Lettuce go!" He groaned immediately.

"Go." He pointed back to the front door. "If you're going to make food jokes, just go back inside." I was almost offended until I realized his shoulders were having trouble not shaking. He was laughing, though he was trying hard not to. I skipped over to the passenger side and waiting for him to hurry up. We both got into the car and I couldn't stop moving. I wasn't excited, per say. I just knew something was going to happen!

"Oh!" I yelled and Ethan jumped, making the car swerve slightly. "Happy two weeks!" I leaned over and kissed his cheek, almost missing a look flash through his eyes. Guilt?

(Ethan's P.O.V.)

It was eating me alive. Gnawing on me like a dog on a bone. I knew it wouldn't stop any time soon. Why did I do it? I'm not that sex-crazed, am I? 

The guilt never stopped building as I picked Sky up. He was so nice-- even slightly vunerable. It was unfair. How would I even tell him? Would I have to...? Not right away, for sure.

The school came into view and I cleared my mind, letting Sky out when he saw Greg, who looked like his puppy just died. I sighed and imagined Sky wearing that look. I shook my head. I couldn't do it, it hurt too much.

(Greg's P.O.V.)

 Before my alarm even went off, my phone flashed with a 'good morning, babe' from Bill. The best thing ever. And I suppose the text was a nice gesture too.. I sighed and snuggled back down into my pillows, getting in the last bits of sleep that I could, but not before my phone lit up once more with an 'I need 2 talk to u face2face' I knew that never went anywhere good. Might as well enjoy this bed while I can..

The ride to school was terrifying. I thought i was about to shit my pants when I saw Bill from my parking spot. Okay, maybe not shit them, but I was still a nervous wreck. I hopped out after he went inside and headed to my lockers. I wouldn't avoid him, but I wasn't about to make a point of seeing him. The way he was walking with his back hunched and his lips set into a line made me worry myself.