Hunters

A FEW DAYS LATER

The sun was out. It was lovely. Eddie played with his toy cars and made car engine noises and I laughed when he made them crash.

"Did you see that Elina? How cool!" He yelled out with a large smile.

"Yeah very cool," I told Tate's little brother with a chuckle.

"He's a good kid isn't he?" Colin said from beside me and I nodded.

"Yeah. He is."

"-and a pain in the neck," Tate mumbled and I rolled my eyes.

Dale was leaning on a near by tree and let out a snort as he glanced over at Tate.

"The usual ray of sunshine, aren't we Tate?" He snickered.

"Hilarious," Tate mumbled, making Colin laugh.

"Boys, Boys. Please be a little bit more mature like Eddie."

We all stayed silent for a few moments and watched Eddie play and laugh. Everyone was lost in there own thoughts but the day was peaceful. Tom left the grounds to visit family and Roger was helping out a pack in the east region.

So it was peaceful until an arrow was shot into my leg.

"What the hell!" I cried out and glanced down. An arrow was sticking out of my back leg and I groaned in pain. 

Tate growled and was in front of me in a flash. He pulled out the arrow and I hissed at the pain.

Immediately it started healing.

Tate snapped his head to the direction the arrow came from. Colin and Dale rushed to stand in front of us all.

Tate signalled his little brother over and Eddie ran in front to play hero but Tate grabbed him by the scruff of his collar and pulled him behind us.

Everyone stayed silent for a few seconds, listening out for any noise. In seconds we were in a defensive position and I worriedly scanned the area.

"Come out, come out," Colin cooed to the empty landscape.

However we all could hear the shuffling around due to our advanced hearing. That's why we weren't surprised when a group of five people holding weapons emerged from the trees.

I felt Colin stiffen and I turned over to see him looking at the group with a mean glare.

"They're Elemental hunters," Colin whispered through his teeth.

On instinct Tate grabbed my arm and pulled me to his side.

"That's her!" A red head called out. I let my gaze drift to hers and immediately recognized her.

She was the girl who asked if I knew an Elina. More specifically, me.

"Are you sure?" A man asked as he held a crossbow at eye level, resting the weapon on his shoulder.

"Yes. She has the same description the Lily girl told us."

I took in a sharp intake of breath.

"Hello!" Tate called out in a growl, "-sorry to break your mothers club but you're on my territory," he hissed in a dangerous voice.

The group of Elemental hunters didn't waver. In fact they took a step closer and raised there weapons.

Colin sighed and took a step forward with his hands held up, ready to talk, however an arrow flew over his head in warning.

Colin froze and glanced behind him and back at the group.

"You shouldn't have done that," he whispered.