Crush

Tate moved back from my neck and I looked at him in shock.

Did he just mark me?

I felt my wolf stir in delight and I looked into Tate's eyes and gasped as I felt a incredible pull towards him. Looking at him, I found him a hundred times more attractive and I felt beyond weird.

"Whats happening?" I asked in confusion as Tate wrapped his arms around me making electric sparks dance on my skin.

"The mark just made the bond a little stronger," he said in a whisper and his hazel eyes looked at me with a deeper emotion than usual.

"A little?" I mumbled and Tate chuckled, the sound music to my ears.

"Maybe a lot," he said with a grin and leaned down placing a kiss on my new mark making me shudder in delight.

That brought me back to my first question.

Did he just mark me?

"Did you just mark me?" I gasped as I leaned back from his arms to look at him properly.

"I thought we just established that," he said with a grin as he tilted his head with an amused expression.

"I know that," I said rolling my eyes, "It was just uncalled for," I said lowly, closing my eyes as Tate placed gentle kisses on my neck.

"Are you mad?" he asked in a husky voice, his breath on my neck as I shook my head.

"Actually," I said looking thoughtful, "-I'm not," I said and Tate beamed at me as he gave me a breath taking smile.

Just then a knock sounded on the door and in came in Colin and Tom. Tate turned around slightly as he looked at them with an eyebrow raised.

"Did I say you can come in?" Tate asked, his eyes narrowed as Tom looked at us with an guilty expression. Colin however just looked at us with a smirk as he waggled his eyebrows.

"Finally marked her?" Colin said smugly as I looked at him in shock.

"It was the first thing I noticed when I walked in," he said with a grin as he glanced over at Tate giving him a nod.

"Right. Well what is it?" Tate asked impatiently and Tom grinned.

Tate walked over and they begun talking as I went around the desk and sat on Tate's chair.

Leaning back, my eyes scanned over his office and fell onto his phone.

Leaning over I grabbed the phone out of its place and began dialing Lily's number.

After only two rings Lily's cheery voice was on the other line.

"Lily here," said the voice down the phone and a smile lit up my face.

"Hey Lily," I said and there was a pause.

"Elina? About time you called!" she scowled into the phone and I rolled my eyes.

"Tell me what happened when I left!" she gushed and I glanced at Tate smiling.

"Nothing, he just got a little angry but everything's fine," I said my eyes not leaving Tate and as if he felt my gaze, he turned his head slightly to give me a grin.

"Thats all?" Lily said sounding disappointed, "How is Tate anyway?" Lily asked and my mouth fell open.

"Tate?" I repeated sounding shocked and at the mention of his name Tate glanced over along with Colin and Tom.

"Girls mentioning your name over the phone?" Tom said looking at Tate, "-not a good sign," he said shaking his head and I shot him a glare.

"On first name bases are we?" I said to Lily feeling a little angry but kept my voice down nether less.

"Why not?" Lily said back her voice coming across harsh and my brows scrunched in confusion.

"Oh sorry," Lily said sarcastically and I was starting to get angry, "-only you have that privilege," she hissed.

My mouth fell open and I glanced at the phone in disbelief. 

Was this Lily talking?

"What is your problem?" I asked however was greeted by an ended call.

I sat back in Tate's chair confused and flustered.

The only reason I can come up with for Lily's behavior was the she was crushing on Tate?

Anger flooded my veins and I tightened my grip on the phone.

"Any tighter and it might break," Tate said and my head shot up to see that it was only him and I in the room as he stood there watching me carefully.

"Care to explain?" he asked as he leaned on the desk right in front of me.

"I think," I said glancing at the phone, "Lily might have the hots for you," I grumbled.

It was silent for a few moments and I looked up at Tate only to see he had a grin on his face.

"Jealous are we?" he asked with a low chuckle and I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.

When I think about I don't blame her. Tate was an insanely attractive man and his good looks did him no justice.

"I'm not jealous!" I said in a defensive tone and Tate just grinned as he scooped me off of his seat and placed me on his lap as he took my previous spot.

Truth be told I was a little jealous. But mostly I was angry. Angry that my best friend would even consider liking my mate.

"Elina," Tate said softly.

"It wouldn't matter if the entire female population liked me," he said brushing his lips against mine softly.

"I only have eyes for you."

At his sweet words I melted in his arms. My wolf reached out to his and and I closed my eyes as I melted into Tate.

"But admit it you were jealous," the cocky side of Tate said.

I shot back and looked at him in disbelief. Way to ruin the moment.

"You sound so sure," I said narrowing my eyes at him.

Tate placed his hands on my waist and leaned in, a smile playing on his lips.

"That's because I am," he said in a whisper and leaned down further to steal a kiss.

The door slammed open and I shot up in my seat, my head snapping to the door.

Eddie stood there with mud painting his knees as he wore a triumph smile.

Noticing the position Tate and I were in Eddie's smile slowly disappeared.

"Gross," Eddie yelled in disgust and Tate chuckled while I climbed off Tate.

"It was gross," I said with an equal tone of disgust which made Eddie look at me in curiosity and Tate look at me with an eyebrow raised.

"He wouldn't let me go!" I said sadly and mentally smirked at my acting skills.

"What!" Eddie gasped as he shot his older brother a glare. The little eight year old ran up to me and hugged my waist while I patted his back.

"I did, did I?" Tate mumbled in amusement shaking his head.

-

-

-

-

-

-