Deep

"Am I dying?" I ask dramatically with the back of my hand against my forehead.

"No, Miss Weitzel. You'll live," the young paramedic said with a smile as he patted the moist cloth onto the bottom of my leg.

After the math room was attacked by well-rocks, the math teacher who's name was Mr Boyle, called the paramedics in the building and now here I was sitting on the white bed in a mini hospital looking room.

"Its pretty deep. You might need stitches," he said his award winning smile in place.

"That deep?" I groaned. I've never gotten stitches before. But according to my dear friend Lily back from my old school, it was very painful.

Oh Lord.

"Yeah," the boy said sounding breathless, "-very, very deep," he said in a low tone and I looked at him weirdly.

I was going to dismiss his strange behaviour, however his hand rode up my leg ever so slightly and I jumped back.

"You know if you could just call the doctor and leave that would be great," I said uncomfortable and squirmed in my seat.

When he didn't move I was ready to tell him to go shove it-

"Elina," I looked up to see Tate appear in the room and once he saw the boy next to me he took in a sharp breath and his eyes went a shade darker.

"Alpha, I was just attending to this student," he said as he glanced at Tate and then back at my leg.

In a flash the boy was slammed into the nearest wall with his feet dangling in the air.

"You touch her again," Tate hissed his eyes glowing, "- and I will have your throat slit open," the threat in his voice was clear and once Tate let go of the boys collar he bowed his head and hurried away from the room.

I looked at Tate in shock and at the open door the boy ran out of.

"You know, he was just helping me," I said in an awkward mumble as Tate appeared in front of me, eyes dark as both of his arms were on both sides of me on the bed.

"Helping?" Tate sneered and I leaned back slightly a little startled at this new anger.

"Elina he was talking about how deep-" Tate stopped talking and he closed his eyes, inhaling a deep breath as his eyes snapped open.

"I don't even want to think about it," he said standing up and shaking his head.

"So don't," I said with a shrug and Tate gave me a flat look.

"I heard what happened," Tate said his face hard and his jaw suddenly tense I was afraid it might break.

"I had people circle the borders and everything. But there's no one. No one, who got inside of the territory," Tate said in disbelief and I listened quietly.

"And your leg," he said fuming as he appeared in front of me and cupped my leg.

"Its-healed?" He asked a little confused. I looked down and sure enough the gash was gone and all that remained was dried up blood and what looked like a scratch.

"Looks like I'm a fast healer!" I said clapping my hands beaming as I caught sight of the corner of Tate's lip tilt up.

I got up and began to walk. Even though I was perfectly capable of doing it myself, Tate snaked a hand around my waist and helped me walk-not that I needed it.

Walking into his office we were greeted by Tom and Duncan who sat in the leather seats opposite of Tate's desk.

Soon as I made it around the desk and got a glimpse of Duncan's face, I gasped and my eyes grew wide.

He had a busted lip and dark circles surrounded his eyes. Dried up blood clung to his face and he looked a mess.

"Duncan? What happened?" Tate asked equally concerned and Duncan sighed and then groaned at the sudden movement of his lips.

"I found him in your office alpha," Tom said pissed as he circled his arm around his brothers shoulder, "-he said a wolf attacked when he was next to the borderline," Tom finished and looked at his brother for further explanation.

"We have to be on alert alpha," Duncan wheezed out and we all went silent.

"The wolf," Duncan said with a pause to think, "-he said Adrian and his Elemental will be here tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" I asked in shock. I shared a look with Tate and then looked back at Duncan.

Shit just got real.