Brother

Lily sat across me swirling her straw making patterns in her beverage. I had dialed her back after she so rudely hung up on me. I was willing to clear the tension between us if she was.

We were in the kitchen inside the committee building and it felt as if I were the one visiting.

It was that uncomfortable.

"Look, I know you're annoyed with me. I just want to know why," I said and a hint of irritation seeped into my voice and Lily looked up at me with an eyebrow raised.

"You really can't tell? You have everything!" she said clenching her jaw and I looked at her in puzzlement.

"First they choose you for a scholarship, the alpha turns out to be your mate, all this drama happens and to top it off you're an Elemental!" Lily said her eyes burning in what I now can describe as jealousy.

"Are you jealous?" I gasped and looked at her in so much confusion. Lily seemed to take my comment the wrong way because she stood up and let the kitchen stool fall to the ground.

I also stood up and my fists clenched. She is or maybe was my best friend but she didn't't have the right to treat me like this for no reason.

"Jealous?" Lily screeched in disbelief and I flinched from the sound.

Did I do something wrong?

"I am anything from jealous," she spat and I opened up my mouth to speak but a sound from the doorway made our heads snap into the direction of the noise.

"Really? From here, it sure looks like it," Colin said his usual glass in hand as he swayed into the kitchen.

Tom followed closely behind and he glared at Lily.

"We'd appreciate it, if you'd treat our Luna with respect," Tom said with hard eyes at Lily narrowed her eyes at him.

"And who's this? Your guard dog?" she seethed and was shaking from rage as her eyes built up in frustrated tears.

She did not just go there.

"Lily!" I gasped as Tom looked genuinely offended and his eyes turned into slits as he took a threatening step forward.

Tom growled and looked at Lily in hate and I quickly turned around to face Lily.

"You need to leave," I said as even Colin began frowning. Lily was not herself and I didn't 't know who this person was.

Lily glared at all three of us and ran for the exit. I didn't make a move to stop her and I clenched my jaw tightly making my teeth hurt from the brutal force of it.

"That was Lily? You know, your best friend? Could've fooled me," Colin said with a chuckle and I shot him a glare making him grin.

"No," I said gruffly, "I don't know who that person was," I said with my eyebrows furrowed as I slumped into the nearest seat.

"You know," Tom said thoughtfully, "-Alpha could have her head for that," he said and looked thoughtful for a moment as if he were considering it.

"But he won't," I said firmly.

Sure, she was acting like a class A bitch, but It didn’t mean I wanted her dead.

Maybe only a tiny bit of me that was just a little possessive over Tate.

Stop it Elina. I scowled mentally.

"Why are you guys here anyway? Eavesdropping?" I said sending them a glare and Colin rolled his eyes.

"Actually, no. Alphas older brother-as in my other nephew, is visiting and Alpha told us to make sure he doesn't," Colin paused as he tilted his cup back, swallowing the substance.

"Annoy you."

"Brother?" I said dumbfounded, "-Tate has an older brother? He never told me," I said tilting my head to the side as I peered at them expectantly, waiting for an answer.

"Well?"

"They aren't exactly on the best of terms," Tom cut in and sent Colin a look.

Colin looked at him and raised his hands in a surrender motion.

"Don't," I said glaring at Tom, "Let him tell me," I said sounding more nosy than I should have making Colin smirk.

"As their beloved uncle, my lips are sealed," Colin said with a sly grin as Tom shrugged his shoulders.

"Just ask Tate, I'm sure he'll explain," Tom said as he gave me a small smile. I just nodded it and turned around to leave.

I made my way to Tate's office. My brain automatically knew the route and my feet moved like they were possessed.

Not bothering to knock I pushed open the door and stepped in with my eyes onto the floor.

"Hey Tate, I heard-" Looking up I froze with my hand on the door handle as I looked at the scene in front of me with wide eyes.

Tate stood with a murderous look as he had his hands wrapped around a strangers neck. The stranger smirked at him which made Tate growl. His father-Roger stood on the other side with a scowl on his face while Eddie stood giggling which made Tate shoot him a glare-silencing him.

Everyone's gaze found mine and I stood there frozen, gaping like a fish out of water.

Letting out a nervous laugh I scratched the back of my neck.

"I'm sorry... Did I interrupt a family reunion?"

-

-

-

-

-

-

-