Chapter 3

*SORRY IF THIS IS LATE. STUPID SCHOOL WORK IS GETTING IN THE WAY AND MY FAMILY IS JUST "Practice this! Work on that! No you can worry about Wattpad later! Do something that makes sense!" AND ALL OF THAT SH!T. I'M STRESSED OUT AND JUST WANT TO WRITE BUT OBVIOUSLY THAT'S "pointless" RIGHT NOW. APOLOGIZES FOR THE LATE UPDATE. YOU MAY PROCEED READING.*

Chapter 3

All of the kids were running around and playing games like tag, hide-and-seek and duck-duck-goose. I was running around with a few friends, smiling and giggling. I love recess time. I get to play and have fun with all of the other kids! It's nice to get out and take a break from sitting in class.

"Hey, Ao!" Someone called my name. I whirled around to see a boy smiling, with chestnut brown hair and dark brown eyes, waving at me. I waved back, shouting, "Hi Daniel!"

"Wanna come play with us?" he asked and motioned to a few other girls and boys, busy with their game. I nodded and scurried over to them. Once I met up with them Daniel said, "Okay, we're all playing Secret Agents. Some of you will be agents and the other kids will be bad guys, then we'll switch so its fair. Sound good?" Everyone nodded and agreed eagerly. Daniel beamed. "Great!" He picked out some kids to be bad guys or the secret agents. After he was done he turned to me and said, "Ao, you'll be my partner!"

"Me?" I asked. He nodded with a smile. I returned the smile and said, "Okay!" The game started and all the bad guys went running around and pretending to do evil things. Daniel and I climbed into one of the play tubes and looked around for anyone. "Enemy spy!" I said and the both of us went leaping out of the tube to take down the kid being a bad guy. Daniel rolled around on the ground and I took cover like people do in the movies. Daniel and the other kid fought the air, pretending to be fighting each other until the other kid played a dramatic death and fell to the ground. "Target neutralized!" Daniel exclaimed and I gave him a thumbs up. We kept playing the game and taking down our targets, whether it be on the slide or monkey bars. When it was our turn to be the bad guys, Daniel still had me as his partner in crime. Sometimes we'd take a good guy hostage and the others would have to save him or her and then they'd take us out. I was having fun and laughing and smiling because of it.

As I was sneaking up on a good guy, something caught my eye far off. A few meters away from the playground was the tree-line of the old woods. Sitting against a tree was a little boy. I stopped for a second and watched him as he just sat there, alone. One of the other kids pretending to be a good guy caught me and took me out. I was too enthralled by the boy that I didn't do a dramatic death. Instead I made my way towards him, ignoring the game for now. I heard kids calling after me, asking why I'm leaving. Then I heard Daniel call my name and I turned around. "Ao, where are you going?"

"To that little boy over there!" I answered and kept walking to him.

"You're going to get in trouble," he said.

"I won't be gone for too long," I shouted back. I cut across the small field to meet up with the little boy. Once I reached him I spoke up. "Hi."

The little boy looked up and I stared in awe. I couldn't help but say, "Y-You're pretty..."

He gave me a strange look and blushed from embarrassment. I realized my terrible choice of words and said, "Sorry! I didn't mean to call you pretty! Well, you are but, you're a boy! So pretty is not a word for you... I think..."

He stared up at me with golden-brown eyes, that shined almost pure gold in the sun. His hair was auburn and shined like a flame. Caught in my little trance, I accidentally mumbled, "You're pretty...", again. He almost looked hurt to hear it again and I panicked. "Sorry again! Oh, my gosh! Um, hi! My name is Ao! That means blue in Japanese. So, if you want, you can just call me Blue!"