Chapter 36

*HEY WHAT IS THE UPS MY CREEPS? WOULD YOU LIEK TO PURCHASE MY WARES? (Shut, up, no references). I THINK THIS CHAPTER FEELS PURDY LONG (references) BUT IDEK. ALTHOUGH, HERE'S ANOTHER FANCY SHMANCY UPDATE FOR YOUUUUU~. IT ALSO COMES WITH A COMPLIMENTARY SIDE OF QUESTIONS!

QUESTIONS!!:
-What would you do if you became a billionaire?? (Uhm *thinks about anime and manga and books and books and merch and-* Charity.)
-What was the weirdest/funniest/scariest dare you've ever done? (Well, one time I had to grind against a tree stump and call it "Daddy". Now that damn tree stump won't stop calling meh.)

HAVE A GREAT DAY! :D*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 36

The adrenaline from the Corrupted attack finally left my body, leaving me exhausted and unwilling. I lay on an old bed, with bandages on my hands from the scrapes I gained. My face was cleaned up from the grime but my clothes were not so fortunate. My shirt was tattered and dried blood caked my pants and shoes. Even my new backpack now looks ragged with dirt and blood on it, when just earlier it was clean and unused. Judging by the dried blood on its tough blue fabric, cleaning it won't completely remove the stains. I'll make sure that my family and friends never lay eyes on the backpack.

Jack lay resting in a room across from the one I was in. He hasn't woken up since Ben took us back to the hideout, which we're in right now. Jeff says he'll be alright but Jack won't be able to walk for a while. He'll have to stay bed-ridden in the hideout until full recovery. Even though it isn't, I felt that his injury was my fault. I can't help but feel that I could've prevented it. It's bad enough that he's sick. If I had tried harder to open up the wall, we could've escaped sooner. If I had been more wary of the Corrupted, this ordeal wouldn't have played out. If I had stayed with Jack at my estate, maybe none of this would have ever happened. But it's not my fault and I shouldn't be guilty.

The door to the room opened and in stepped Jeff, followed by Ben. Ben gave me a smile which helped my emotions. Jeff tried but it seemed he was still concerned about all of this. "How's your leg," he asked me. I looked down at my leg, the one the Corrupted hit, and I sighed. "I still can't move it," I answered. I've tried getting it to twitch but it wouldn't obey. I had heard something pop but I didn't think it would get this bad. "Can it be fixed?" I asked. Jeff nodded.

"It's just dislocated," Ben added, "we can pop it back into place. It'll hurt like hell, though."

I twisted my lips into a grimace. The thought of the pain of my joint being shifted back into place was unsettling. I've never had anything dislocated before but I've heard that having the joint set back into place is more painful than having it dispositioned. I'm not looking forward to this...

You'll be okay.

I smiled as my heart ached with love. I missed Sam's luscious voice and his comforting presence. Of course I'm still a little upset that he was gone for so long but the happiness from his return overwhelmed my grievance. I feel so much better now that I have Sam again. If he says I'll be okay than I will. Because I have him.

"I want it re-positioned again," I said, my voice shaking from anticipation. Jeff and Ben shared looks with each other and silently agreed to the task. Jeff pulled out some of the blanket under me and told me to bite on it when they would start to pop my leg back in place. I clutched the blanket tightly in my hand. Ben moved my dislocated my leg and set it up to be fixed. A shuddering breath escaped my lips.

Don't worry, you'll handle it. I'm here for you.

I so desperately wanted to say my affections for Sam's support but Ben was already lifting my leg. Just as he was about to push, the door opened again and in stepped a newly clothed Elizabeth. Once she saw all three of us, she frowned and reeled back. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything," she muttered. I blinked at her, then I looked at Ben. My face flushed as I realized what she meant, by his position. Ben looked at me and stifled a nervous chuckle. "This isn't what it looks like," he said awkwardly. Elizabeth nodded.