Chapter 64

*HEY, EVERYONE. IT ME, TURTLE. ANYWAY, WELCOME TO ANOTHER CHAPTER! LET'S GET TO THEM QUESTIONS!~

Questions!!:
-What would you consider to be an amazing date? (I honestly wouldn't know, since I've never been on a date. All I know is that I'm okay with anything. The person I'm with doesn't have to try too hard.)
-Anyone playing Mystic Messenger?? (That game is cONSUMING MY LIFE AND MY SOUL OMFGGGG IT'S LOVELY.)

Song in the multimedia is Pretty Lights by Marvin Divine. Has nothing to do with the chapter--I just really like it. c:

THANKS FOR READIN'! I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE CHAPTER!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 64

Ao's POV

I woke up to a dimly lit bedroom and the muffled sounds of birds chirping outside. As I grumbled incoherently, I leaned forward to press myself against Jack for more comfort. When I felt nothing, I pried my eyes open to see what was wrong. My vision was blurry but I could still see the empty space on the bed where Jack had been sleeping. I patted the spot where he was like he would show up somehow.

"Do you have any idea when he left?," I murmured to Sam as I rubbed my eyes.

No clue. I can't sense a lot when you're asleep..

"Right..."

I grabbed my glasses from the nightstand and got up to find where Jack went. I checked the bathroom but it was empty and left unattended since my shower from last night. Confused and tired, I left the room in my PJs.

When I walked down the hall to check up in the attic in the lounge room again, I ran into Slenderman. "Good morning," I said, still a little sleepy.

He nodded his head at me and greeted me back, "Good morning. Are you alright?"

"Just woke up," I explained lazily, "Looking for Jack."

Slender titled his head a bit as he replied, "I'm afraid he left for his hunt already."

"What..?"

"Yes," the tall, faceless being assured me, "He came to me early this morning saying he would be leaving. He always leaves early. Sometimes his hunger gets the better of him if he waits for too long. He didn't want to take the risk and burden you and the others."

"Oh," I responded quietly. "Did he say when he would be back?"

Slender shook his head. "I'm afraid there's no way of knowing that; it would depend on his circumstances. But he usually returns within the next week or two. Don't worry too much. You'll see him again."

I smiled and nodded, feeling much better about the situation. I kind of wished I could have said goodbye and good luck to Jack before he left, maybe even given him a nice hug or kiss. A hug or kiss will have to wait when he comes back, then.

"Jack did, however, leave something for you," Slender suddenly added in. Without needing a response, the tall man lead me to his study around the corner of the hall. He opened the door, walked inside and went to his desk to get what Jack left for me. When he turned around, Slender held out a black hoodie for me. I grabbed it and instantly knew it was Jack's by how much bigger it was. With a light tone of voice, Slender said, "He left his hoodie for you in hopes that it would make you less sad. He said, and I quote, 'She'll get extremely worried and paranoid so much that she'll drive everyone else insane. This is for everyone else's safety'."