Chapter 22

*HALLO, EVERYONE! WELCOME TO YET ANOTHER AWAITED UPDATE! I WON'T KEEP YOU GUYS LONG HERE ARE YOUR QUESTIONS.

QUESTIONS!!:
-If you could cosplay as a character, who/what would you be? (Recently, I've been dying to cosplay as Tokyo Ghoul's Kaneki Ken, the white haired version of him, but, like, I don't think I can pull him off physically and financially. xD)
-Are you MLG pro enough, bruh??? (You bet yo ass I am, son. B-/ )

OKAY, THAT'LL BE ALL. ENJOY THE CHAPTER, GUYS! :D*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 22

A coyote's maw came barreling towards my head, ready to bite, shred and maul apart my face until it was nothing but a bloody husk. Then, out of the blue, I saw an instance of a bright light, and for a moment I thought I was already dead. But this thought was countered as I heard a loud bang, like that of musket fire. I felt blood droplets fall onto my clothes and skin and I looked to my left to see the body of the coyote that was alive only just a second ago, ready to devour me.

My body trembled for a few moments until a voice came bellowing from my right. "Are you okay there?!" I turned around to be blinded by a light. I raised up a hand to block the light from my face and so I was able to see my helper clearly. It was a man, with an aged face yet his voice and stance showed that he was as healthy as a horse. He wore tattered clothes, that of a farmer. He must be one. But I felt rather surprised. Not because a person actually came to my rescue, or that he'd help the likes of me. No, I was surprised because he had no white man looking after him. He was black. The man stood atop a mound of dirt and grass a few ways into the tree-line and he stared at me, waiting for a response. I pulled myself together and called out, "Um..n-no, actually. I'm bleeding out. Q-Quite badly, I may add."

That was enough to send the man hurrying towards me. After he got closer, I saw that the source of the bright light was a lantern strapped to the belt of his pants. When he came close to me, he set his musket down on the ground and had a look at me. "Shit..," he muttered as he looked at the wound on my hip, where the coyote savagely bit me. "Don't mind my asking, little one, but would you like to come to my farm so I may treat you? My wife used to be a nurse and she's still completely capable to help you."

I just stared up at him, gazing into his dark eyes and seeing how his sweat dampened dark skin gleamed within the light of his own lantern. Why has he no white man watching over him? Is he a runaway? Or is his master just careless? I've never seen a black man without any sort of restraints or white man looking after him. This is awfully strange..

Emily, he's waiting for your answer.

Sam spoke to me. I snapped out of my thoughts and told the man, "Y-Yes, I'd like to be treated, please.." He nodded and picked up his musket to sling it over his back by a strap. Then he carefully picked me up into his arms and started carrying me away from my poor little campsite.

After a trek through the forest that was too long than it should've been, a farm came into view out on a grassy field. I was relieved to see that I would get treatment for all of my wounds and possibly food and shelter. Proper food and shelter. The man carried me all the way up to the front door of the cottage and knocked on it as best as he could with me in his arms. Immediately, the door opened to reveal a woman who was also black. She wore the usual cotton dress every other woman and girl wore, but she had a more respectful air of her. The way she gazed into my eyes gave me this sense of safety, a different sense of safety that Father never made me feel. I watched as her dark face contorted into a look of concern and I heard the man tell her, "This little girl was out in the woods all 'lone. She's hurt and she needs fixin' up."