Chapter 33

*SUP' GUYS? WELCOME TO ANOTHER CHAPTER OF C&B! SO, IN THE LAST CHAP, PEOPLE COMMENTED A LOT OF "Jao" AS THE SHIP NAME FOR JACK AND AO. IT SOUNDS CUTE. XD I'M GUESSING THAT'S WHAT IT WILL BE REFERRED AS BY YOU ALL NOW. IDK, IT'S YOUR THING. C: YEAH, GO CREATIVITY! ALSO, PICTURE IN THE MULTIMEDIA IS A DRAWING THAT I MADE THAT I THOUGHT WAS PRETTY COOL. YEAH, GO ART!*

QUESTIONS!!:
-If your life could be a video game, which one would it be? (My video game life would be Borderlands, with crude jokes, violence and just down right stupidity. xD)
-How do you see yourself in a few years? (*laughs maniacally*)

ENJOY THE CHAPTER GUYS!*

Stay Creepy, My Friends!~

Chapter 33

Jack picked me up from the floor and I could feel him carry me to the couch. Everything was dark and I was panicking. I can't see. Dear god, I can't see. I heard Jack making a quiet ruckus off to the side and suddenly he was at my side, cupping my face in his bandaged hands. "What happened," he asked me. I shook my head and shakily reached up to touch his mask. My hands fumbled but eventually I rested them by his ears. "I don't know," I answered, then gulped, "But my head hurts a-a-and I feel disoriented."

"Do you have aspirin or eyedrops?" He asked me.

I nodded. "Y-Yeah, there should be some in the kitchen. Top left corner cabinet, bottom shelf."

There was a small breeze that brushed my skin and my hands fumbled in air. I could only guess that Jack left. I was close to calling to him again and telling him to stay by my side but then this problem wouldn't get fixed. So, I felt around me at the couch and put myself in a comforting position. I clutched my legs to my chest and blinked repeatedly, hoping that my sight would come back with these simple actions. There was still only blackness. I sighed nervously.

Footsteps echoed into the lounge room and I could feel my tight chest relax. Hands gently grabbed my shoulders and my glasses were removed and put somewhere off to the side. "Okay," Jack's voice startled me for a moment, "take some aspirin." He placed two tiny things onto my hand and I tried putting the pills into my mouth but I missed and they fell. Jack must've picked them up again and then placed them on my open palm. "I also have a glass of water for you," Jack added. I tried for a second time and I got the pills in. I let them rest on my tongue as Jack grabbed my chin, had me open my mouth and he helped me drink the water. The water helped me swallow the pills and I huffed when I finished the glass.

"Alright," Jack said, "now open your eyes wide. I'm putting in some eyedrops." I nodded and tilted my head back, though I guess I did it wrong as Jack adjusted me anyway. I waited for the drops to come and just when I dropped my guard they came down. I blinked after they washed over my eyes and Jack let go of my head. I felt him wipe my eyes with his fingers as he said, "I'm going to grab a towel and dampen it with cool water for your head. Afterwards I'm taking you to your room to let you rest. I don't know what's wrong with your eyes but I hope it gets better. If it's temporary, it should last for a few minutes or even some hours. Just hope that it goes away eventually." Jack's voice was so steady and calm, like he wasn't nervous. Though he must be, deep down inside. I'm glad he's so level-headed about this. It makes me feel much better than having him freak out too.

Another soft breeze hit my skin and I presumed that Jack ran off again. A few minutes later, his footsteps came again and he was suddenly in front of me. Something soft and wet touched my forehead and coolness spread across my skin. Jack placed something in my hands and I felt at it. He gave me my glasses. Arms shifted under my legs and under my back and I could feel myself being lifted up from the couch. "Don't squirm," Jack ordered and I obeyed. Jack held me against his chest and I felt soft fabric. He changed back into his shirt, or hoodie, or both. We started moving. I listened closely at Jack's footsteps, at the sounds his shoes made on certain parts of the floors. His shoes treaded softly. We're going down the hallway, it's covered with a long rug. The sound changed and there were soft yet firm thunks. Jack's walking on regular wood floor. The sound changed again and his footsteps sounded a little more hollow, echoey even. He's going up the stairs. Two steps, four steps, eight, ten. The sound changed. Soft treads. Second floor hallway, same rugs.