Chapter 4

A/N

This time I'm starting this chapter from Keith's POV. So you guys can see his everyday life and what he thinks. The songs I put relate to some of the characters.

Also this chapter contains: some swears, mention of abandonment and trust issues, it's relatable to some people, it's depressing. Just a full warning about the chapter.

It was six fifty, and the alarm clock went off. Keith woke up and shut off his alarm clock, he rubbed his eyes then stood up from his bed and picked out his clothes. He put on a red plaid shirt that was unbuttoned, under it was a white tshirt, a pair of black ripped jeans, and some classic white converse. He would usually wear a beanie but he didn't want to today, he went downstairs to the kitchen to get greeted by Shiro and Adam his new Parents. Ones that wouldn't abandon him or neglect him.

"Have you made any friends Keith?" Adam asked. Keith shook his head, he didn't have any intention on making friends. He knew if he made any they would only stay because they knew that his parents would give them good grades, take advantage in other words. He knew that friendships don't last long, so Keith thought being a lone wolf would be better.

"Keith, you need to make friends. Having friends and having fun is better than being alone" said Shiro.

"Shiro, you know why I don't make friends. I made it perfectly clear that I'm better off without them." He told them, he grabbed his bag and a piece of toast for the road. Before he walked out the door he grabbed his keys and drove to school. (Let me just describe Keith, his eyes are a nice purple color, black hair, I'm still deciding if I should get rid of the mullet or not. So yeah that's Keith)

Once he got to school, he opened his car door, grabbed his backpack, got out and then slammed the door shut. He entered the school and of course there was the usual stares he got almost everyday. He just didn't care, he didn't show vulnerability or anything in his eyes.

"Hey! Keith! Wait up" said a slightly high pitched voice. But Keith knew that voice anywhere since he has heard it multiple times. It was Lance...he didn't want to talk to him, he wanted to be alone to draw in his sketch book. Clearly that wasn't going to happen.

"I've been looking for you"

Keith's POV

Why was he looking for me? Was the first thing I thought. Because why would anyone want to look for me, I'm a loner and I plan on keeping it that way. I looked at Lance in his eyes, for the first time in forever that I've ever looked at someone in the eyes.

"Do you want to come over my house today? I have video games and art materials we could use" Lance kindly offered.

The only art supplies that you own is crayons and coloring books probably. I'm not one to judge but it's probably true. I shook my head and started to walk away, I know it was rude to decline that way but I'm not going to just speak to him. He isn't special, he is just like everyone else...but they leave me alone, he doesn't. What does he want from me?

As the day went on, it was lunch time. Oh yay the best part of the day, I thought sarcastically. It use to be my favorite part of the day, I know shocking something made me happy for once. But now it's ruined because Lance is there and he wouldn't leave me alone. I sat at my usual table, put my art supplies all of the table neatly, then I grab my headphones and connect them to my phone. Before I could put them on, Lance came over to interrogate me for the fourth time in a row.

"What kind of things do you draw?" I answer him mentally that it was something I won't reveal to him. Lance proceeds to ask me another question, "why do you close yourself off?" Because I'm afraid of getting taking advantage of and letting people in, I trust no one but Shiro and Adam. I tell him mentally, even though he couldn't hear me. Which is good because I don't want him to know my weaknesses. I was drawing while these questions were being asked and I kept answering them the same way I've been doing it.