Trust

Chapter 9 | Third POV

"It appears dislocated." Derek states, observing the slight bruising and the obvious bone peeping out where it definitely should not be.

"It's gonna hurt isn't it?" Stiles murmured, looking over his deformed shoulder at Derek.

Derek nodded, hearing Stiles heart rate pick up.

"I'll make it quick. Just breath." Derek instructed, taking hold of Stiles' wrist and his other hand hovering over Stiles' dislocated shoulder.

Stiles closed his eyes, feeling hot and sweaty.

"1. 2." Derek counted out, watching Stiles face scrunch up in anticipation. "3."

"M-Mother f—mmm!" Stiles cursed through his teeth, as Derek swiftly put his shoulder back in place.

Derek grabbed a rag and wrapped up a few ice cubes in it.

"Here. It should hopefully help."

Stiles gave Derek a thankful look, taking the whipped-up-ice-pack and held it to his sore shoulder.

"Thank you." Stiles whispered.

"You're welcome."

A comfortable silence fell between the two, but Derek was curious.

"You said you had something to tell me earlier." Derek said, questioningly.

Stiles looked up, thinking for a moment.

"Oh, yeah..." Stiles murmured, feeling a little unsure of himself.

Derek noticed the boys uncertainty, it only made him more curious and eager to know what goes on in that head of his.

"You can tell me." Derek assured, wanting Stiles to trust him. He didn't understand why gaining the trust of some human teenager was so important to him, but it was like a gut instinct that he had to follow.

Stiles eyes locked with Derek's attentive ones.

"I've been having odd dreams...." Stiles confessed, setting the icy rag down.

"What do these dreams entail?" Derek asked, crossing his arms in a relaxed pose as his hip cocked out just slightly.

Stiles opened his mouth to speak, but nothing came out. He was hesitant to tell Derek that the dreams were about Derek's past. He didn't want to bring up bad memories.

"Stiles."

Stiles looked up at Derek.

"You can trust me." Derek assured.

Stiles amber eyes stared deeply into Derek's, he had shown no reason not to trust him. Deep down Stiles knew he probably trusted Derek too much.

"They're about you...." Stiles told, crisscrossing his slender fingers. "I've been having them for about a week now."

"How about me?" Derek asked, brows raised in interest.

"They feel like memories... your memories." Stiles volume lowered at the end.

"Like the night of the fire?" Derek asked, his tone flat and solemn.

Stiles nodded, his lips pressed together in a thin line.

"I've been having these reaccurring dreams, since my capture, of the fire and events from my past... and you're having them too?" Derek thought aloud.

"Weird, right?" Stiles asked light heartedly to lighten the mood.

"Yeah... weird." Derek murmured, feeling sure of what was happening with him and Stiles.

And he was terrified.