Bases

Chapter 5 | Stiles' POV

"I knew."

A young girls voice whispered. Her red painted lips trembled as she clutch her stomach.

"What do you mean?" A young boy asked. His raven black hair was disheveled and his hand linked with the young girls, who was bleeding out in his arms.

The girl looked up into the boys eyes with a glint of love and pain.

"Right after I told you my name I think I knew. I've seen things in this town before things no one could really explain."

The girl smiled in pain as she squinted her eyes harshly. The raven haired boy bit his bottom lip listening to the fading life in his arms.

" And there's the way you talk. How you say things like how'd you catch a scent. And I know you can hear things. Things no one else can hear, I knew..."

The girl grimaced as she strained to keep her composer. Sweat beaded down her forehead. Her dark, long hair, damp from the humidity, framed her ghostly face. But her eyes never lost light. The boys seemed to grow cloudy and unreadable. But you could read one thing from those deep, forest eyes...

Love.

"You still liked me?" The boy quizzed.

The wounded girl looked up at the boys frowning face, her eyes glossed over with tears before she uttered words she never thought she would live to say,

"I loved you..."

– I shot up straight as I heaved for air. My clammy hands gripped the sheets beneath my sweaty body. I felt myself shake with sobs as I tried to concentrate on the soft fabric between my fingers to regain my ability to breath. The cool air around me nipped at my bare arms. I realized I was in the same cloths I had put on before leaving the house to–

"Derek." I muttered breathlessly.

The events that had past in the last several hours sped through my mind.

A soft whistle sounded from the cracked window. I got up wobbling a bit, feeling a bit light headed from standing up so fast before I went to shut the window.

I noticed my father was absent from my desk where I last saw him asleep. A note was left on top of my computer.

I picked up the ripped half sheet of paper skimming over the ink.

"Heard you leave the house this morning. I'm here to talk if you need me. I won't be back till tomorrow night. Love you son. - Dad'

I sighed as I dropped the note back on my desk.

Suddenly a tapping noise emitted from my window. I spun around seeing a big figure, clothed in leather, at my window sill.

"Derek?" I questioned as I unlocked the latch and watched no other than Derek Hale climb into my room from my window.

"Hey." Derek grunted as he climbed through the window.

"Sorry for coming with no notice, I couldn't text or call so..."

Derek then faced me, his forest eyes downcast to the carpeted floor.

"It's fine, really. My father isn't home so..." I trailed off awkwardly, but then I collected my thoughts, "What happened? You know, I mean, after saving your life." I smirked, crossing my arms.

"You fell asleep in my car. You looked like you hadn't slept much lately, you know, seeing as you were up at 3 in the morning... So I carried you to your room."

Derek flicked his eyes up at me.

They looked so cloudy. It was like smog. A cloud of smoke. Somewhere beyond that cloudiness is a blue sky.

"You." I blurted.

"What?"

He's the boy I saw in my dream. The boy with the cloudy eyes and raven hair. It was him all along.

I suddenly found my self enveloping Derek in my lanky arms. Tears pricked my eyes. I could feel his heart thump in his chest erratically. My ear was pressed to his chest making the sound of his heart rattle in my eardrum.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."I apologized sympathetically.

I backed away, realizing I had totally invaded his personal space.

"What are you sorry for? You did nothing wrong..." Derek's brows furrowed, his lips pursed in thought and utter confusion.

"I just-"

What do I say?

'Sorry you had to kill the love of your life'?

'Oh nothing, I just dream about you is all'?

"Stiles?" Derek uttered as he placed his hands on my forearms. Derek gasped as he pulled his hands off me and stepped backward.

"What?" I wondered, I was now the confused one.

"I saw... How...? Why?" Derek trailed, his sentences incoherent.

"You lost her..."

Derek's gloomy eyes looked away from mine. He stuffed his shaky hands in his pockets, exhaling a long sigh.

"It was a long time ago. I was sixteen. Just a naïve child."

Derek's voice sounded so deep and weak.

My heart constricted in my chest.

"She loved you. You thought that if she discovered what you were she'd leave you. But despite all that she loved you."

Derek's eyes met with mine. He was just as intrigued as I was. We were both broken people afraid to let others see it.

I hesitated before I cupped Derek's cheek, stroking my thumb over his stubbled jaw.

"If you think I'm afraid of you, I'm not. I don't wish to forget it. Not what happened... Not you."

"Stiles." Derek whispered softly.

Derek shook in my touch. His eyes glassed over. His pink lips pressed into a thin line.

He was afraid to let me in, to allow himself to care.

I felt tears prick my eyes and I let them fall as I closed my wet eyes and drew out a breath.

"I'm not leaving you."

"Stiles... you don't..." Derek shook his head, his eyes downcast.

"What's happened has happened. I said I'm not leaving, so I'm not leaving. Your stuck with me Sourwolf." I offered a small smile dropping my hand from his cheek.

"So is this our second base? We already moved up to nicknames now?" Derek gave a light hearted smile as he chuckled softly.

"We have bases?"

Derek's chuckling ceased as his cheeks flushed.

"Maybe you're not so sour after all..." I grinned shyly.

Beacon Hills(Sterek Fanfiction)(BxB)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें