(Scar)ed

Chapter 8 | Stiles' POV

Stiles' mind raced from one thought to the next.

All of which were about the werewolf steering the wheel of his jeep.

He strained himself to not look at Derek but his eyes had a mind of their own. He looked so calm... beautiful even.

What is he thinking about? Is he thinking about me too?

Stiles shook his head at how ridiculous that thought was.

He probably wants to get rid of me like everyone else.

"You're staring."

Stiles didn't respond. He blinked a few times, the cogs in his head turning.

"Oh! Um. Sorry." Stiles piped once he realized what Derek said, blood rushing to his cheeks as he looked out at the blur of trees.

"How's your shoulder? Any pain?" Derek looked over at the flustered boy, a strange feeling beaming in him at how he bit his bottom lip nervously.

Why him? What were we placed in each other's lives for?

"I'm okay. It just hurts to move my arm is all." Stiles admitted, shyly.

"Tell me if you feel any pain ." Derek said sternly, concern glazing his eyes.

...

"This is where you live?"

Stiles quizzed, hand clutching his shoulder while his eyes surveyed the loft.

"Spacious. Ever thought of hanging up a painting or somethin'?"

Derek smirked at the boy, the warm feeling in his gut only grew more.

"Here." Derek gestured to the kitchen island.

Stiles hopped up on the island a soft grunt pushing past his lips.

"You okay?" Derek worried(?) his arms outstretched to catch him.

"Yeah, just hurts like a bitch." Stiles sucked a breath through his teeth as he rubbed his aching shoulder.

"Here. Take off your shirt so I can see how bad it is."

Stiles fidgeting stopped, his eyes glassin over. His heart beat jumped, pacing slightly faster.

"Um... o-okay." Stiles mumbled.

He looked so small. Like he was being exposed. It made Derek's stomach ache.

Then, Derek's heart ached.

"Yeah. Ugly, I know." Stiles muttered, waves of shame and anger radiating from his skin.

"No. It's..." Derek couldn't find the word to describe it.

His eyes trailed the scar tracing down the center of Stiles' chest.

"You had open heart surgery?"

"Yeah... Last year." Stiles answered his eyes toward the ground.

"Was that why you cried the other night?"

"Kind of... I have this heart condition that my mom had. Everyday is a risk. If my heart beats too quickly or to slow it could just stop. So far I've only had one episode... it scares me every day. Some times I'll force myself to stay awake, afraid I may never wake up if I slept."

"I had no idea. I would've–"

"What? Stayed longer? Held me tighter? Told me that 'every thing will be okay'?" Stiles interjected with a scoff, a sorrowful look overtaking his soft features.

Derek saw it now: The bags under his eyes, how pale he looked, even his body language showed signs of fatigue.

"I would have stayed there. I would listen to your heart beat all night if I had too. People are capable of caring about you, you know?"

It all just sort of poured out from his lips. Derek hadn't noticed how much he let this boy into his life already. So much has happened so quickly.

"You really would do that for me?" Stiles cracked, a sad smile gracing his lips.

"At this point, I'd do anything for you Stiles. We're apart of each others lives now. There's no letting you go."

Stiles gripped the edge of the island, his eyes stinging.

"Everything went by so fast. I just– are we rushing this?" Stiles looked up into Derek's forest eyes.

"You have dreams about my past. Memories from before you were born. Doesn't that signify some sort of reason that we were meant to meet each other?"

Derek's eyes searched Stiles'.

"I don't believe in fate." The boy stated.

"Couple days ago you didn't believe in werewolves." The omega retorted, tilting his head at his point.

There's many things the two don't believe.

"Yeah, but... I believe in us."Stiles admitted confidentiality.

"Stiles admitted confidentiality

________________________

F*ck! Just look at that gif!!!

Lol it's been a while! I apologize. I've had a lot going on and school just started for me a few weeks ago.

I did some revisions on a few of the previous chapters but nothing applying to the plot changed.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It's hard not to just jump to their first kissing scene, but I'm trying to pace their relationship and slowly build up the tension and romance. Yeah I'm a tease.

Thank you for reading.

Hope to update soon!