Chapter 14: Blood

A/N: this chapter has a bit of violence in it, just to warn you in advance. i know this was a quick update, HUZZAH! haha as usual, thank you for reading, 400 reads and counting, i love you all, thank you so much! will update soon, i promise! leave a comment, a message, a review, anything!

Love lots,

~A2V~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Valkyrie and James walked into the kitchen, hand in hand, much to Andreana’s surprise, only to be greeted by a confused Steve Rogers, and a mischievously grinning Natasha Romanov.

“Hello, love birds,” Nat teased, eyeing their joined hands.

Val rolled her eyes, “Oh, please, it’s not like you don’t do the same thing with Hawkeye.”

“Wait, you and Barton are a thing?” Steve asked incredulously, turning his shocked face to Natasha.

“Yeah, we are, Cap, don’t act like you didn’t know,” Nat told him dismissively.

“I didn’t know,” Steve whispered, “At all.”

“Come on, now, Rogers, even I figured it out the first day I met all of you,” Val said, astonished.

“Well, that’s Steven Rogers for you, ladies,” James said suddenly, “Can’t pick up the scent of a relationship even if it asked him to dance. You still haven’t changed, bud.”

“Hey!” Steve exclaimed while everyone else laughed.

Val let go of James’ hand and turned to Andy, “You up for some tracking?” she asked.

Andreana smiled, “Always. Just let me get changed.” With that she rushed up the stairs and into her room.

“Tracking?” James asked Val as she moved to leave the kitchen and get ready, too.

“We track mountain lions, there’s a large female that we suspected was going to have cubs two months ago, I want to find out if she did have them,” Val answered, “And it exercises my tracking skills.” She shrugged.

When she walked out the doorway, Steve whistled, “Like I said, Buddy, you really know how to pick ‘em.”

James picked up one of the bangles Natasha and Andy had left on the table and chucked it at Steve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 hours later, Valkyrie and Andreana were trekking quietly and lithely through the forest, Knight and Diana at their heels.

“So, James, what is up with that?” Andy mumbled, her long braided hair swishing behind her, knowing full well Valkyrie would understand what she was saying.

“I tried to say goodbye,” Val answered in the same manner, twirling the tip of her ponytail.

“Yes, I heard him call bullshit on it, though,” Andy said as they climbed over a fallen tree trunk.

“He wants me to give him 3 weeks,” Val told her, pausing to check the scratch marks on a pine tree, “We’re close.”

“So you’re giving him 3 weeks?” Andy asked as she examined the scratches, too, and moved over to let Diana and Knight sniff the tree.

“Yeah, I am,” Val sighed, “But…” she stopped, and raised her hand to signal Andy to be quiet. Then she tapped on her ear twice and crouched low to the ground, Andy following her every move, Knight and Diana lying low beside them.