Chapter 3

Ashley’s POV

“Hello fag” dad said as he walked in to my room.

“Dad what do you want? I turned the music off” He glared at me.

“Well, I told you to stay in my room but you didn’t” He just wants a reason to hurt me.

“But-“ He backhanded my face.

“No buts Ashley. You disobeyed me, and you will pay for it” Oh no, not in front of Andy.

“Dad, you told me stay there for 10 minutes, I stayed there for 20, so I didn’t actually disobey you” I shouldn’t have said that. He backhanded me, but this time it was harder, I fell on to my bed and brought my knees to my chest. I took a quick glance over to my closet and saw Andy looking right at me with wide eyes, he looked like he was about to cry. He actually does care about me even though he hasn’t known me for even a day.

“Dad, please not today”

“You’re pathetic Ashley, begging for mercy. You’re an emo fag. I bet you cut yourself don’t you, go on show me your wrists.” I shook my head ‘no’. Dad raised his hand as if he was about to hit me.

“I said show me your wrists” He said getting angry, I took all 10 of my bracelets off, to show my 20 cuts.

“Thought so, now tell me why I shouldn’t do this tonight?” Come on Ashley think of some reasons…

“You don’t have any reasons do you fag?”

“DON’T CALL ME FAG” Oh shit.

“DO NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE TO ME YOU STUPID EMO” And with that he punched me, I fell back and hit my head on the wall.

“Please dad stop!” I was crying my eyes out, he just wouldn’t listen. He carried on hitting me. I heard a phone ringing, it was coming from the cupboard…Andy.

Andy’s POV

My phone started ringing… fuck, no. I pulled it out my pocket, and saw it was mum. WHY NOW?! I quickly hung up the call, I’ll explain this to her later.

“Ashley, what the fuck is that?!” Nick shouted, please don’t come over here.

“I-er-urm-I must of dropped my phone in there while I grabbing a jacket” Ashley said, trying to cover up for me.

“Don’t lie to me fag” I fucking hate that word!

“I’m not lying” Ash shied away a bit.

“Then why is your phone on the bed next to you?” Oh shit.

“I-er” Ash was cut off by his dad hitting him again. Ash screamed out in pain, I heard footsteps getting closer and closer. Nick opened the cupboard, I looked up at him wide eyed.

“WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN HERE?! AND WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?” He shouted at me.

“Urm. Hi? I’m Andy, I live next door. I came over to see Ashley?” I gotta admit I’m scared shitless. He grabbed me by my shirt and pushed my up against the wall.

“Dad let him go!” Ash shouted

“Hell no, he’s going to pay for being here when he shouldn’t be”

“Dad I let him in!” Great now, he’s going to hurt Ash again!

“Fine, then I’ll teach you BOTH a lesson.” He pushed me harder against the wall harder than he did before and hit me, he hit my eye. Genna have a black eye in the morning just great! He hit me again, this time splitting my lip. He punched me in the stomach, and finally let go. I fell to the floor bent over in pain, I felt something drip down my face, I was crying.