n i n e

Keke's POV:

After Rocky had finished training, he went to the locker room to change, and I made my way upstairs. Mickey saw me, and walked over.

I smiled, "That was great! I don't know why I didn't come down here sooner!"

Mickey looked around. "Listen, you's can't be coming down here every day or nothin like that. Rocky's need his trainin time, and you's quite a distraction for him."

My eyes widened. "I'm sorry sir, I didn't realize that's how you felt. Rocky has just been so adamant about me coming-"

"Rocky has no god damn idea what's best for him! He needs to focus, and he can't do that with you's here."

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "Ok, I'm sorry."

"Hey sweetheart." His familiar arms wrapped around me, and I leaned into him. "Ya ready?"

"Yep." I faked a smile. "We're finished here."

Mickey gave me a look, but I just kept walking. I had finally forced myself to come down here, and now I'm a distraction?

"Could we stop and grab a sandwich or somethin? I'm starving." Rocky asked.

"Of course." I intertwined my hand in his as we made our way out of the gym.

—————

We had just barely made it through the door of our local sandwich shop, when we were bombarded with flashing lights.

"Rocky is this your new girlfriend?"

"Rocky is it true you're fighting again?"

"Rocky, can I get you to look over here real quick?"

"Rocky, right here!"

"Rocky!"

We were bombarded with paparazzi, all clambering to get a picture of Rocky. He put on his biggest smile, and started answering as many question as he could.

The crowd began to get bigger and bigger, and my hand was ripped from Rocky's. "Rocky!" I yelled, as I was pushed to the back. I could no longer see him, I was surrounded by photographers.

My vision began to blur, and my head began to pound. "Oh no, not here." I stumbled around, trying to find my way out of the crowd. I hadn't had a panic attack in so long. I felt tears beginning to roll down my face, when I finally saw the door.

I sprinted out, and took a few gulps of fresh air. I looked back at the shop, but Rocky was completely emerged in the crowd of paparazzi.

I sighed, and made my way back to my apartment.

—————

It was a couple hours later. I had wrapped myself in a blanket, and was watching TV, when I heard a knock on my door.

I sighed, and shuffled over to it. I had barely cracked it open, when I was wrapped in Rocky's arms.

"Are you's ok? I lost ya, and I was so worried." He pulled away, and held me out, so he could look at me.

"I'm fine." I muttered, looking at the ground.

"Keek, what's da matta?" He tilted my face up, so I was forced to look at him.

"Nothing Rock. I'm fine." I pulled away, heading back inside.

"Nah Keek, you's ain't fine." He grabbed my arm, and turned me around to face him again.

"Ok you know what Rock? I'm not! I'm not fine! I'm trying so hard to make this relationship work but it just seems like the universe is doing everything it can possibly do to pull us apart. I go to your gym, ready to support you, and your coach tells me that I'm a-a distraction! Then, I manage to get over that, and I can't even eat a freaking sandwich without being ripped from your arms by the press! Did you know I have panic attacks? Do you even know what a panic attack is? Have you ever had to experience one? No, I bet you haven't! You're Mr. Boxing Star and don't have to worry about anything! Your whole life's been handed to you! Well us normal folk have to work for a living!"

"Woah, woah, Keek calm down. What do you mean my coach told you's a distraction? Are ya talking about Mick?"

I took a few deep breaths, trying to regain my composure. "Yes Rock. While you were in the locker room changing, he told me that I was a distraction, and that you don't know what's best for yourself."

Rocky's face turned bright red. "He can't tell you's that! I know what's best for me, and that's you's!"

Rocky began to turn towards the door, looking like he was getting ready to go punch someone, probably Mickey.

"Rocky, wait." I grabbed his arm, stopping him in his tracks. "Don't leave me, please." I whispered. The last thing I wanted was to be alone.

"Oh, come here." Rocky threw his arms around me, and pulled me into his chest. I hadn't known that I had started crying until I felt the wet tears on my face. Rocky held me until I stopped, and managed to compose myself a bit.

"So how long have these panic attacks been goin on for?" He asked.

"Pretty much my whole life. I can usually handle them, but crowded spaces always seem to trigger one. I know people have way worse anxiety, but it's still not easy for me." I sighed. "I'm sorry I yelled at you."

"Shh. Ain't nothin to be sorry about. I deserved it." He rubbed the back of his neck, "Keek, listen. I ain't too good at showing my emotions or nothin like that, and maybe that's the problem. But, I ain't want to be nodody else's. I'm yours. I do have that other side of me with the boxing stuff, but I'm still your Rocky. If I gotta give up boxing for you, I will." He lifted my face up to his, and kissed me softly. "I ain't gonna lose you."

I smiled up at him. "Trust me, there isn't nothing you could do to get rid of me."

Hi guys! I hoped you liked this chapter! I had a lot of fun writing it, and I'm really excited for the next ones coming up! I was going to combine this one and the next one, but it was getting too long, and I think there were details that were being lost if you combined both of them. However, don't fret, the next chapter should be out tomorrow! I don't think I have a lot of homework this week, so I should have a lot of time to write!

ALSO, we're almost at 500 reads! It doesn't seem like a lot, but I remember when I had just written my first three chapters and we had a whopping 18 reads! I was worried this book wouldn't gain a fan base, but I just kept writing for myself, and now look how far it's grown! Thank you guys so so much and please don't forget to comment and vote!

~ K