f i v e

Keke's POV:

I woke up the next morning with the pounding headache I was expecting. I rummaged through my bedside table, looking for Advil. I popped two into my mouth, and made my way downstairs.

I cooked myself a few eggs, and checked my phone while I was eating them. I had a few missed calls from Cooper, but she probably just wanted to talk about my date. I had woken up a little after 12, so she was probably worried I forgot about it. Sam also texted me, and asked if I made it home ok. I let him know I was fine.

I cleaned the dishes I had used, and headed into the living room to watch some TV. Right as I sat down, there was a heavy knock on my door. I sighed, and made my way over to it. I looked through my peep hole, and saw it was Cooper.

"What happened to your wrists?!" She gasped, as I opened the door.

I looked down and realized they were extremely bruised. "Oh, um. It's nothing." I had been in such a daze this morning, I hadn't even noticed.

"Keek, tell me what happened!" Cooper said, making her way inside and closing the door behind her.

"There was just a drunk guy at the bar last night, he just got a little rough. It's fine, really, I'm fine."

"Keek, you're not fine! Those look terrible!" Cooper made her way to me and examined my wrists carefully.

"Shouldn't you be getting me ready for my date?" I asked, pulling my wrists away. I hoped talking about my date would get her mind off of my injuries.

"Oh, yes! You slept in so late, we might not have enough time!" I laughed, there was still plenty of time to get ready.

She printed up to my room, and began rummaging through my closet. "What about this?" She held up a sparkly blue mini dress.

"Coop, I know it's a date but don't you think that's a little fancy?" The dress was also sleeveless, and I wanted something to cover my wrists.

"Ugh, fine." Cooper huffed, disappearing back into my room again. She returned with a dark red, thankfully, long sleeved dress. It was more casual than the other one, but still fancy enough. "Come try it on!" Cooper said, clearly excited.

I smiled, making my way up to Cooper. I slipped my pajamas off, and pulled the dress on. Cooper helped me zip up the back, and I turned around to look at myself in the mirror.

The dress was cut low, and showed off some cleavage, but not too much. It hugged my hips in all the right places, and made my butt look really nice. Although I thought it showed off my curves a little more than I liked, Cooper was thrilled.

She curled my hair as I applied some makeup. Nothing too bold, just a little concealer, mascara, and lip gloss. When Cooper was finished, we both examined the finished look.

"You look beautiful!" She exclaimed, tearing up a little. "I never thought I'd get you out of those sweatpants."

"Oh Coop, come on. It's just our first date." I said, pulling her into a hug.

"I don't know how he's going to keep his hands off you." Cooper said, winking.

"Aw come on Coop." I said, fighting another blush. "I highly doubt he's that interested in me, anyways. It's probably just gonna be a one time thing."

"Well if he wasn't interested before, he'll definitely be interested now." Cooper ran over to my closet, and pulled out a pair of heels. "Almost forgot about these!"

I put them on and looked at myself again in the mirror. I never had been one to try super hard with my appearance, but I'd say I looked almost beautiful. Cooper gave me another hug.