o n e

Keke's POV:

I woke up with a pounding headache. I had gotten off very late last night from my job at the nearby bar. I wasn't respected or treated very well there, but it payed decent money, and it was at least something.

I had to cover for a coworker the night before, so I had gotten home when the sun was already rising for a new day. I was not thrilled when I was startled awake by a banging on my door, a mere three hours after getting home.

"Keek! Let's go! Get up!" I could hear my best friend, Cooper, screaming through the door.

I groaned and rolled over on my lumpy couch. But Cooper wasn't giving up. "Keek! Now! I mean it!" She continued to scream.

I sighed loudly and sat up. I rubbed my temples, begging the throbbing in my head to go away. The headaches always seemed to be worse after a long, stressful day at work. But Cooper continued to bang on my door.

"I'm coming!" I yelled, slowly shuffling my way to the door.

The second I unlocked the latch, Cooper was busting past me, and up the stairs to my room. I lived in a fairly modest apartment, but it was enough for me. My kitchen and living room were on the first floor, and my bedroom was on the second.

"God Coop who pissed in your cornflakes?"

"No one! I have to make you look presentable for tonight!" She yelled down the stairs.

"Tonight? What's tonight?" I racked my brain, thinking of anything I could've missed. Her birthday? Our friend anniversary? My birthday? A date she set up? No, nothing was ringing a bell.

"There's a fight going on tonight at the arena! And we're going!"

"A fight? Since when were you ever interested in boxing?" Cooper is a fairly dainty girl, and never showed any interest in violence.

"Since I realized just how attractive boxers were!" She said, appearing at the top of the stairs with a black dress. "This is perfect!"

She hurried down the stairs, and threw the dress at me. "Go on, put it on!"

She was so excited, I couldn't dampen her spirits. I slipped off my work uniform and threw on the black dress. I wasn't a skinny girl, but I wouldn't say I was overweight either. I had some curves, and I'd felt self conscious of them ever since I started growing. I guess some would say that my bigger chest and butt would be something to envy, but being an athletic kid, they just seemed to get in the way.

Cooper sighed as she helped me zip up the back of the dress. "I'm so jealous, I wish I could have your body."

I shoved her playfully, making her laugh. "So how'd you hear about this fight anyways?" I asked, changing the subject.

"It was on the TV. There's this new fighter that's supposed to be really good, and good on the eyes." She giggled, winking.

"I thought we agreed to not date any boxers?"

"Well.... lets just see what he looks like first!" She said, skipping up the stairs. "Now get up here so I can fix your hair and makeup!"

—————

3 HOURS LATER

"Come on Keek! We're gonna be late!" Cooper said, pulling me out the door.

I managed to slip my last shoe on before she began yanking me down the street.

All Cooper could talk about the whole way there was how handsome boxers are and how muscular they are, blah blah blah.

I tuned her out after a while. I just never felt any attraction towards any boxers I knew. I mean they weren't bad looking, but I could never see myself dating them.

I found myself wondering about this new boxer, though. I'd never seen him around, and I was quite curious.

You don't date boxers. I had to keep reminding myself. It was a rule I'd made with Cooper a long time ago. I had a rough experience with them in my childhood, and they just seemed to be more trouble than they were worth.

I sighed as I made my way into the stadium. It's not like I'd have a chance with him anyways.

Cooper dragged me to our seats as the fight began. We couldn't see either of their faces very well from where we sat, and Cooper seemed pretty disappointed.

Even without seeing the mystery boxer's face, I admired his toned chest and body.

Soon the fight came to an end, when the mystery boxer knocked out his opponent.

Almost everyone in the stadium mobbed the stage, as the boxer raised his arms up in victory.

Cooper dragged me to the front, trying to get as close to them as she could.

I suddenly found myself right by the ropes of the ring, when I was accidentally shoved into it.

I was stunned and had no idea where to go. It was packed, and I lost Cooper in the mess of everyone.

I spun around quickly, trying to find her, but instead hit a mass of muscle. I looked up, and found myself face to face with the mystery boxer.

My face flushed, and I couldn't help but realize his arms were around me, and both of my arms were on his (very muscular) chest.

"Hey, I'm Rocky. Rocky Balboa."

Hi guys! So I hope you liked this! I just watched the Rocky movies a little while ago and there is barely any fanfic on them, so I decided to write some! I'm so excited for this book and to see where it takes us! I'll try to upload as often as I can! Enjoy!

~ K