t w o

Rocky's POV:

I had just won the fight, and was very proud of my hard work. I scanned the crowd as they all began to rush towards the ring.

I turned away, and began to head back to the locker room, when I ran face first into someone.

I was getting ready to cuss them out, when I saw that it was in fact, a beautiful woman who I had run into.

"Hey, I'm Rocky. Rocky Balboa." I said, all too aware of how close she was to me.

"I'm Keke." She responded, her face bright red. She, also, seemed to realize just how tangled up we were.

I stared into her beautiful green eyes and quickly got lost in their beauty. I looked her up and down, admiring how the black dress she was wearing perfectly hugged her curves.

Her blush deepened even more, and she began to turn away.

"Aye, wait." I said, grabbing her arm. "Will I see you's again?"

"Maybe." She whispered with a slight smirk, and with that, walked back into the crowd.

I tried to follow her blonde head to see where she was going, but she quickly disappeared from my sight. I sighed and began to shuffle back to the lockers. I might have won, but I definitely didn't get away without my fair share of bruises.

Keke's POV:

After I walked off the stage, I had to take a few deep breaths to regain my composure. I looked around for Cooper, and found her talking to a group of good looking men.

"Come on Coop." I said, dragging her away. "I want to go home."

"Aw come on Keek, I was just starting to have some fun." She whined.

"I know, that's why I pulled you away. Don't want you doing anything stupid now do we?" I said, laughing as she groaned.

I managed one last glance at the ring before we left, and I saw Rocky heading back into the locker rooms. He seemed to be struggling, clearly in pain.

I sighed, wishing I could help him. No. Do not get involved. I had to keep reminding myself. This will never work. You don't date boxers.

But before I looked away, Cooper caught me staring. "So you and Rocky huh?" She poked my side. "I thought you didn't do boxers?"

"Shut up." I responded, fighting the blush that was creeping up my neck. "Let's get you home, you're clearly hallucinating."

—————

THE NEXT MORNING

I could hardly sleep a wink that night. I was tossing and turning, thinking about Rocky. How his muscles moved when he fought... how he held me in his arms...

No! Stop thinking about it! I jerked myself back into reality and made my way downstairs, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

I was immediately bombarded with noise as the phone began to ring. I shuffled over to it and answered. "This is K-"

"I know who you are! Get dresssed and get yourself over to Leon's now!" Cooper yelled into the phone, clearly excited about something.

I muttered a select choice of words as I shuffled my way up the stairs to my bedroom. Leon's was the local coffee joint where Cooper and I often went to catch up on the latest news.

I ran a hand through my hair as I made my way to my closet. I pulled on a pair of sweats and sneakers before throwing my hair up in a bun. Cooper won't be happy, but she can suck it up. She never liked when I didn't "use my body to it's full potential" as she called it.

I made my way down the stairs, and headed down the street to Leon's

—————

When I arrrived at the coffee shop, I made my way over to where Cooper was sitting. I could tell she was trying very hard not to remark on my choice of attire, but I couldn't care less.

As soon as I sat down, I was immediately bombarded with all of the juicy gossip I'd missed in the last few days.

"...and then Amber said to Katie..." Cooper began filling me in on all of the drama, but I found myself zoning out. I couldn't get Rocky out of my head.

His arms around my waist... maybe dropping a little lower... my arms around his neck... his lips leaning in to meet mine...

"Helloooo, Earth to Keke!" Cooper said, waving a hand in front of my face. "You're dreaming about Rocky aren't you?" She said, pushing my shoulder.

"What?! No way! I don't get involved-"

"With boxers, I know I know." Cooper said, interrupting me. "But I can see it on your face, you've already fallen for him."

I fought yet another blush that found itself creeping it's way up to my cheeks.

"I think you'll be very interested in what I have to say next though." She said with a smirk.

"Coop, no offense, but I really don't care about a Jim Bob or Sally whatever." I said.

"Oh no, this isn't about any of them." She responded, smiling wickedly. "It's about Rocky."

"Rocky? What does he have to do with any of this? You've never talked about him before."

"Oh, but I think you'll be very interested to hear what I heard this morning on the news." She said, her smile really giving me a bad feeling.

"Ok Coop, spill. What do you know?"

"You talked to him after his fight yesterday right?" I nod my head. "Well he talked to some reporter after he got out of the locker room, and he said that he'd be taking a break for a while. He'd still be training, but just not fighting."

"That's great Coop, but what does this have to do with me?" I asked.

"Hold your horses, I'm getting there." She took a deep breath, clearly enjoying me hanging on to her every word. "The interesting part was when he was asked why he was taking a break from fighting, he responded that he had someone he 'had to find.' And then winked at the camera! You wouldn't happen to have anything to do with that would you?"

My mouth dropped open. "No, no way. He probably has a girlfriend, and he's just talking about some weird game they play or something. He's not talking about me..." I said more to myself than Cooper.

"No Keek, I had a feeling you'd use that as an excuse. I spent some time researching, and he doesn't have a girlfriend. He broke up with some girl named Adrian a couple of weeks ago, but besides that, there's no other romantic interest in his life. That is, besides you." She winked at me, but I could barely comprehend her words. Rocky was talking about me. He's looking for me.

I stood up very quickly. "Where are you going?" Cooper asked.

"I have to go for a walk. I'll talk to you later." I responded. And with that, I turned, and ran out the door, with a million thoughts swirling through my head.

I hope you guys liked this! I'd love it if you could commmet your thoughts and let me know what you think about the book so far! I'm really excited to keep this story going and see where the characters end up! Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote!

~ K