Chapter 13

Chapter 13

*Aaron*

Sophie played on the floor with her toys while Grace and I sat and watched. The smile hasn’t left Grace’s face yet and it’s interesting to watch how fascinated she is with Sophie.

“She’s everything I’d hoped she’d be.” Grace said.

“Why did your parents kick you out?” I asked.

It would be nice if I actually knew something about Grace. That’s one thing I regret the most about that night. I knocked her up and didn’t even know a thing about her.

“My family is wealthy.” she started. “My father is the CEO of a major corporation and my mother owns multiple five star restaurants. They have a reputation to protect. They didn’t want their pregnant 15 year old daughter to represent them in any way. It was either get an abortion, or get out.”

“Wow. Not to be rude, but they’re a**holes.”

“I agree.” she smiled.

Parents should love and protect their children no matter what. Of course I don’t want Sophie to be a teen parent, but if it happened, I’d still take care of her and help her.

“But I learned a lot while being on my own. I learned that people care, but don’t really want to be bothered. And that crying doesn’t make your life easier. I learned to stick up for myself and to take what I want.”

“So where did you stay?”

“I found this maternity house that takes pregnant teenagers with no home. It’s depressing to know how many girls get kicked out of their homes just because they’re pregnant. But anyway, I was only able to stay there until I gave birth. So as soon as Sophie was born, I dropped her off here and went back home. My parents didn’t care what I did with my baby or where I had been for 9 months. They sent me off to an all girls boarding school soon after I returned home.”

I actually feel bad for her. She must have felt awful that her parents didn’t care enough to help her through her pregnancy. What type of parents are they?

“I’m sorry.” I said. “You shouldn’t have had to go through that.”

“Thanks.” she smiled. “But enough about that. Tell me what’s happened with you. I see you’ve changed. You actually have a girlfriend.”

“Yeah.” I smiled at the thought of Victoria. “She’s technically my third girlfriend, but this is my first serious relationship. She’s the first girl to meet Sophie and she accepts her with all her heart. Sometimes I think she’s too good to be true.”

“You’re in love with her?”

“Maybe a little. But she doesn’t know that.”

“You should tell her. Every girl wants to find that special someone who will love them unconditionally.”

“Do you have that someone?”

“Not yet, but someday I hope to.”

After a while, Grace left. I gave her my number so she could call when she’d want to come by again. I’m willing to start a custody agreement as long as she doesn’t try to take Sophie away from me. Sophie deserves to have a relationship with her mother, and I don’t want to deprive that from her.

“Daddy, where Vicky?” Sophie asked.

“She’s working sweetie, why?”

“I want you and Vicky, not you and Grace.” she pouted.