Chapter 21

Chapter 21

*Victoria*

I picked at my breakfast, not feeling so hungry after finding out that Aaron had left. I don't exactly want to be around him right now, but how could he leave without saying anything? Did I screw things up that much? Will he even give me a chance to fix this?

"You're here alone?" my mom asked. I looked up as she began to take a seat.

"Yeah, Aaron uh... he left early."

"Why did something happen? Is everything okay?"

"I'd really rather not talk about it." I can't help but replay what Aaron said over and over again. I can't figure out what I did wrong which means I don't know how to fix it.

"Well, I'll drive you back home when you're ready. I actually have a few more things to do here in the city. I won't be back in until tomorrow morning."

"No mom, I can take the train or a bus. You don't have to drive me all the way back to town and then drive all the way back."

"I will not have my daughter take a train or a bus on her own in this dangerous city."

"Mom, I'll be fine."

"No, I'm driving you home, that's the end of it."

After breakfast I headed back up to the room and started packing. After occasionally checking my phone for a text from Aaron, but still nothing. I can't believe he won't contact me. I hate not knowing where this leaves us. Are we broken up, do we have a chance to fix this, or am I just wasting my time?

I tried calling Aaron and the phone rang a couple of times before being forwarded to voicemail. It's a bad sign that he's avoiding my call. It means we're not in a good place.

"Ready?" my mom asked as she walked into the room.

"Yeah." I said glumly. "Mom, when you and dad would get into arguments, how did you guys fix things?"

"Well sweetie, your father and I didn't really do well with socialization, but I'm sure the few arguments we had we just laid everything out in the open and came up with a solution. They usually work themselves out eventually." She stared at me for a moment without speaking. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?"

"I'm fine mom." I reassured her. "Let's go."

*Aaron*

I straddled Sophie on my hip as I rang Connor's doorbell. My palms are getting sweaty, but this has to happen if I want them to accept Sophie. The door swung open and Connor stood before me.

"Hey." I said.

"Come in." he said, moving aside. All of my friends were here. Fawn, Brittney, Jacob, Kyle, and John. They sat around the living room with expectant looks on their faces.

"So, start talking." Brittney said, folding her arms across her chest. "We want to know everything, from the beginning."
"Well you guys know how I used to sleep around, especially at parties. Sophie was made at a party during a one night stand."

"And you kept her hidden for nine months?" Kyle asked.

"No. I didn't know her mother was pregnant until I found Sophie on my doorstep with a note attached. I didn't tell you guys because I didn't want you to see me any differently."