Chapter 3

Chapter 3

*Aaron*

I arrived at school and Caleb met me by the door. He handed me a folded piece of paper and I figured it was another girls number.

"I'm seeing someone." I told Caleb.

"It's not a number." he said. "It's the address to a party tonight. And who are you seeing? Is it Fawn?"

"No. Her name is Victoria. We went on our first date last night."

"How far did you get?" he grinned.

"Not even to first base. I'm actually treating her like a person and not like an object."

"Okay, fine. Is she hot at least?"

I saw familiar curly brown hair in my peripheral vision and knew it was Victoria. I looked over at her and she was at her locker.

"She's right over there." I pointed to her. Caleb's jaw dropped and I nudged him. "She's taken."

"Yeah, sure." he said. "I got it. That doesn't mean I'm not upset about you getting her and not me."

"I'll see you later."

I left Caleb and made my way over to Victoria. I tapped her shoulder and she jumped when she turned to look at me.

"Sorry." I apologized. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's fine." she smiled. "I'm just not used to people talking to me."

"Their loss. So there's this party tonight. Do you want to come with me?"

"I'd love to, but I'm working today."

"Where do you work?"

"Normally I work at Subway, but tonight I'm babysitting."

"So you like little kids?"

"I love little kids. They're cute and fun."

"Do you think I could help?"

She looked at me and smiled. I gave her my best puppy dog face. I don't really care about the party. All I really want is to spend some more time with her.

"If you really want to." she answered.

"Do you want me to?" I asked. "I don't want to be there if you don't want me to be."

Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink and she lowered her eyes. "I want you there." she said.

"Then I'll be there." I grinned. The bell rang and I sighed. I'm not in the mood for classes today. "I'll see you later." I told her before walking off to class.

*Victoria*

At lunch I found an empty table in the corner. Although I've been here since the middle of junior year, I still haven't made friends. I've gotten used to eating alone far away from people. Though it does make lunch seem extra long and boring.

A shadow covered me and I looked up to see the girl who ruined the first part of my date with Aaron yesterday. Like I thought, she was a cheerleader. She had two other cheerleaders flanked at her sides. She wore and angry look on her face and held a tray of food in her hands.

"Hi." I greeted them.

"Don't hi me." Fawn said in an annoyed voice. "You have nerve trying to steal Aaron away. You're a waste of space nobody who doesn't deserve to even look at Aaron. You need to back off before I make you."
I looked into Fawn's narrowed eyes. I should back off to make her happy, but I really like Aaron and Fawn's not going to ruin things between us.

"I like Aaron." I said. "So I'm going to continue to see him. He doesn't like you and that's not my fault. That's yours. You're a mean person and Aaron doesn't like mean people."

"You don't know anything about Aaron. He's mine and you're going to back off or I'll make your life a living hell." she grabbed her open soda off her tray and poured it in my lap. "Oops." she said, covering her mouth in mock shock. "It slipped."

I sat in shock as she walked away laughing with her friends. All of this just for a guy? How desperate is she? Can't she find someone else?

I stood up slowly and frowned at the feeling of my wet pants sticking against my thighs. People began to turn and laugh as they saw my pants. I looked over at Fawn who wore a huge smile on her face.

"She wet her pants!" one of the football players at Fawn's table shouted. People began to laugh harder.

I tried to hold back the tears of embarrassment as I rushed out of the cafeteria. Why me? Why did this have to happen to me? I just happened to like the one guy that every girl likes. Can't I catch a break?

*Aaron*

I joined my usual lunch table with my friends. The football players sit on one side and the cheerleaders sit on the other. Fawn came up with idea apparently so she can look into my eyes, but I find it stupid.

"Hey Aaron!" Connor got my attention. "Caleb told us about the hot chick you scored. Let's see her. Where is she?"

I looked around the cafeteria, but I couldn't find her. Maybe she's eating lunch somewhere else?

"I don't know." I said. "I don't see her."

"Aaron." Fawn said, snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"What?" I asked her, still upset about her rudeness last night.

"You're going to he party right? You missed the last one, and the one before that. Promise me you're coming tonight."

"I'm hanging out with Victoria."

Fawn groaned and rolled her eyes. "Would you forget about her already." she said. "She's not worth your time."

"I'll decide who's worth my time." I retorted. "And you're one of the people who isn't." her jaw dropped in shock.

"You can be such a jerk sometimes."
"I'm Aaron Evans." I said, referring to my old days.

***

After school I went to football practice. I'll head over to Victoria's afterwards. I ran through a few plays and made everyone run a mile just to keep us in shape. After that we headed back into the locker room to shower and go home.

I showered quickly and dressed in fresh clothes. I called my mom to tell her I'd be home late. She wasn't happy but she didn't protest. I don't go stay out late too often so usually she doesn't mind.

I drove to Victoria's house and found one other car in the driveway that must have been hers. I walked up to the door and rang the bell. A moment passed before she answered.

"Hi." she said with a sweet smile. "Come in."

I walked inside and looked around. I entered into the living room which was large. There was a large cream colored sofa in the center of the floor and a medium sized flat screen TV. There was a fireplace on one side with family photos lining the shelf above it. Towards the back I saw the kitchen and a door leading to the backyard.. There were stairs against the wall leading upstairs.

"Your house is nice." I told her.

"Thanks."

We sat down on the couch and she switched on the TV. She put it on a random show.

"I looked for you today at lunch." I told her. "I couldn't find you."

"Um, I decided to eat someplace else."

"Will you eat with me tomorrow then?"

"I don't think it's such a good idea."

She looked down at her hands and she began to play with her fingers. I took her hand in mine and she looked up at me.

"What happened today?" I asked. She simply looked at me. "It was Fawn, wasn't it? What did she say?"

"It's not so much as what she said, but what she did."

"Did she touch you?"

"She just told me I should stay away from you and I told her that I like you and will continue to see you. But then she poured her drink on my lap and everyone said I peed my pants."

She let out a light humorless laugh. She looked away from me again, but I tilted her chin up so she'd look back at me.

"I'll talk to her. You don't deserve her bull."

"It's fine. I'm used to it. I can deal with it."

"You shouldn't have to deal with it. I'll put an end to it. I promise."

I placed a light kiss on her forehead and she smiled. Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink. I moved my thumb along her cheek and felt their warmth.

"How long until the kid shows up?" I asked her.

"About an hour. Why?"

"Would you like to take a walk with me?"

"Sure." she smiled.

*Victoria*

Aaron held my hand as we walked down the street. At first I felt a little uncomfortable holding his hand, but it actually began to feel nice. Although we've only been on one date, I feel like we're a couple now. We haven't kissed or talked about personal things yet, but I feel close to him for some reason.

"Do you think we could go out again sometime?" he asked me. "Anytime that's convenient for you."

"What about you? Aren't you busy too?"

"Not really. I can always make time. Especially for you."

I grinned. "Do you always have this much charm?" I asked.

"Yes. Sometimes I have so much I want to date myself."

I laughed. Usually I don't like guys who are a little arrogant, but that's because they're usually jerks. Aaron is sweet and I find his charm attractive and his arrogance humorous.

"Well, now I can see why girls are always throwing themselves at you." I said.

"That doesn't bother you, does it?"

"No. I mean, we're not exactly exclusive or anything."

"Do you want to be? I don't want to see anyone else but you and I'd love to walk through the halls holding your hand."

Most guys would be afraid to just jump into a relationship. They'd want to take it slow and not put labels on each other. Why is Aaron so different? What makes him so much mature than most guys?

"I'd love to go exclusive." I said with a smile. "I'd like nothing more."

*Aaron*

A huge smile crossed my face. She has no idea how just those words have made my day. I really like Victoria. I'm falling for her faster than expected and to be honest it's a little scary.

"Let's head back." I said, taking her hand in mine.

My cell rang and I quickly answered it. Sophie's high pitched cry rang from the other end.

"Give me a sec?" I asked Victoria. She nodded. I walked a little ways away to where I didn't think she could hear me. "What's wrong sweetie?" I asked Sophie.

"Where... are you?" she asked in between sniffles.

"I'm out."

"Grandma... said... you... not come... home." her crying began to calm a little.

"I'm coming home." I reassured her. "I always come home. Daddy wouldn't leave you alone."

"Come home now?" she asked.

"Not now, but soon." her crying began again but this time louder. She'll do this all day until I come home. My mom will be so frustrated. "Okay, I'm coming now."

"Okay." she said, still sniffling.

I hung up and shoved my phone back in my pocket. I turned to Victoria who waited patiently by watching the cars go by.

"Hey." I got her attention. "I really did want to stay, but I have to go home."

"Is there something wrong?"

"Nothing major. I just need to take care of something."

"Alright then."

I walked Victoria home and gave her a light kiss on the cheek before leaving. When I got home, Sophie leaped into my arms as soon as I walked through the door. She wrapped her arms around my neck tightly and buried her face into my shirt. My mom stood in the middle of the room with her arms crossed. I looked at her, expecting her to give me an explanation.

"Sophia accidentally switched to a horror movie when I was in the shower and now she's scared to leave the room. I tried to tell her it wasn't real, but she insisted you come home and protect her."

I carried Sophie upstairs to her room. I placed her on her bed and she pulled her knees up to her chest and held them there.

"You watched a scary movie?" I asked her.

She nodded. "A bad man chase the lady through the forest and then gave her a booboo. Then the lady was two and she threw up scary stuff."
I tried to picture what she may have seen. I'm guessing a guy with a knife was chasing a lady through the woods then he sliced her in half and guts poured out of her. Why couldn't it be something less gory?

"The bad man won't get you." I told her.

"Uh huh. He look for me."

"He's not looking for you." I sighed. "Daddy won't let him get you, okay?" she nodded and reached out towards me. I picked her up and carried her.

It's not often that Sophie gets scared of things. We usually try to keep the remote out of her reach. We used to block the channels but we found it annoying having to keep putting a pass code in. When she gets afraid like this, it usually last for a day or two. I'll let her sleep in my bed until she forgets about what she saw.

***

I laid in bed on my back with Sophia snuggled tightly into my side. I thought about Victoria and how she said she loves kids. I know that eventually I'll have to tell her about Sophia, but I'm not sure when. I can't keep Sophie a secret for too long.

I'm not afraid that she won't like Sophia. Just about everyone who meets Sophia falls in love with her instantly. She has my charm. I afraid that she won't accept that I'm a father of a 2 and half year old at only 18. Because if she stayed with me, she'd almost be like a replacement mother for Sophia. At least that's the way Sophia would see it. Victoria has a bright future ahead of her. I can tell. And I don't want to hold her back from that.

My phone vibrated and I looked to see a text message from Caleb. Sophie moved slightly and I was afraid that my phone woke her. When she stopped moving and seemed to still be asleep, I opened the text. It read:

You were a complete jerk today at lunch, but I'm willing to give you another chance. Tomorrow meet me at my locker and we can talk.

Fawn

I sighed and deleted the text. Fawn was never this persistent before. I guess the fact that I'm actually seeing someone makes her feel like her chance is gone, but she never had a chance from the beginning. Fawn is going to be a problem if she's going to keep trying to break Victoria and me up. But something tells me that she won't be our only problem.

************************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys! I'm having trouble with making a cast list. I have no idea who should play the characters. I don't want to use the same people from my other stories because I don't want anyone to get confused. Do you think you could help a little?

Please comment, vote, and/or fan (follow)!1 ;-)