× 22 ×

Hyunjin

I slightly opened my eyes and snorted as the bright sunlight coming through the window shined in my eyes. I wiggled in my bed a bit and finally sat on the edge of it. I looked tiredly around my room with my brain just starting to work properly. When it finally did my eyes widened.

24th of December

Christmas

I shot up and went downstairs. When I entered the kitchen i looked at the clock that was showing 8:24.

I checked my mother's room and after seeing her sleeping calmly I smiled and went back to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. I thought about texting Changbin but i decided I'll do that later to not accidentally wake him up.

While making scrambled eggs I heard footsteps. I turned around and saw my mom sleeply smiling and waving to me.

- You could sleep longer- I pouted and started making another poration of breakfast.

- Eeh, how long can a human sleep?- she yawned while stretching her arms in the air.

- Long.- I chuckled and put a plate with food in front of her face.

- Thank you angel!- she said and sent me a kiss.

This woman is about fourty years old wtf...

I sat on the other side of the counter so I was facing my mom.

- You've got any plans for today?- she asked while sipping her tea.

-  I need to ''deliever" presents to my friends as I always do but after that I'm going back to you- I smiled.

- Is Changbin one of these ''friends'' by any chance?- she asked and I felt my face turning pink.

- Yeah, why?

- He's probably alone- she said and shoved some bread into her mouth. I didn't really know what she meant. Binnie didn't tell me anything.- He's usually alone for Christmas since Seo takes Yuqi and they visit his father and... If I said Changbin doesn't like his father it'd be as if I said that jumping off a cliff is just a little dangerous.

I was really confused.

Why he didn't tell me.

- Mom, can I borrow some money?- she looked kind of surprised but only shrugged and agreed.

After cleaning our plates I ran to my room. I wore black skinny jeans, big-ass oversized pink hoodie with a little rainbow on the back and some necklace. I would have worn a beret but it just so happened that I fucking lost it!!

I ran to the front door and yelled a "I'M GOING OUT, BYE" and after hearing "SEE YOU TOMORROW' as a response I left. I stopped on the street and looked around with a wide smile. A white snow was covering the whole pavement and trees planted on its side. It looked gorgeous.

I thought about who visit first. I had three gigantic plastic bags in my hands with a lot of very different kind of presents in. One of them was just a big bunny bear because last time I went shopping with Felix I couldn't drag him out of the shop because of that thing. There was a lot of other things, each perfect for one of my friends.

I decided to go to Minsung first, since they live closest to me but before that I texted Changbin.

To: Binnie Hyung