In the dead of Darkness

I placed a rose down on his grave. I couldn't believe it had already been two years since Blane had died. I knelt down infront of his grave and just sat there for a few moments, even now a few tears escaped and fell down my white cheeks. You know how they say it gets easier when someone you love dies? Well, it never dose. I still hurt, so so much sometimes.

I leant forwards and wiped the leaves and dirt away from the tombstone, cleaning my hand back on my black jeans. I hated seeing his grave dirty, every year since theday Blanehad died i had bought a single red rose and placed it on his grave. I came again on his birthday as well, always making sure that it was tidy and the stone was clean so anyone could read the inscription.

Blane Jake Ryan

1990-2010

We will always remember you for saving our queen.

Rest In Peace old Friend.

I still couldn't get over the fact i was the queen, the first year was very hard. Seeing as i didn't grow up in this world i had to learn fast. I could barely get a hold of the politics let alone the paperwork and meetings. I think i almost ran away twice in that year, the first time i almost did. But James had carried me back inside and told me that he would always be there to help no matter what.

I was thankful for him otherwize i don't know what i'd have done. The hunters had become apart of the vampires world, their allies almost. The clans were given their own houses and get the occasional assignemts. Mainly any rouges that terrorise or if we get any word of rouges it gets sent straight to the clans, i still lead my clan. I smiled and geltly brushed Blanes grave.

"you'd like Ally, she's doing a very good job taking care of your clan. I think youd be proud" I smiled. Ally was doing well, she'd been managing everything with the Shadows and they were all very happy to have her. Alot of the gys accually took her in as a sister. I thought it was sweet to see her looking so happy.

"I still wished i could have saved you too" I whispered softly, i know it wasn't my fault but i still blamed myself. Over and over again i had wondered, what if i was okay before he died. What if the change was faster and i  and could have saved him?

I had to stop this, stop thinking like this. I had torchured myself for over a month when it first happened, it was my fault was the only thought i had. I made myself sick and sometimes i wouldn't eat which made everyone worried. I still needed this, i needed to see Blane every now and then. I think it had helped me cope.

James P.O.V

I stood up at the balcony, i could see her from this height. Still with him, I felt so sorry for her. I knew what it was like to lose family, not three months later i had found out that Jack and his gang had killed my parents. The difference between me and her, i shut out my pain and tried to move on. She was still new so she wasn't able to manage that much control.

I listened, i could hear her. Crying into his gave, my heart broke every time i heard her cry. It was one of the saddest sounds i had ever heard, I went to jump the balcony. I needed to stop her tears, i had to make her feel okay.

"Don't" Mason was next to me, i hadn't heard him. The hand on my shoulder was the only thing that gave him away, other than his speach. I moved back down and stood next to him, the dark circles under his eyes told me that he was still taking care of Violet. I knew where we stood, her and me. But i have kept my distance for the past two years, it's killed me and she knows how i feel. But it was too soon and i knew she was scared, scared that she'd loose me. Like with Blane.