chapter 10

Allys P.O.V

The woman returned a few hours later. I didnt think she would be back as quickly as she was, a small part of me was glad that she had returned so quickly.

Now that i had realised the bullet was still there, i could feel my fever rising rapidly. All the way down my arm was searing in agony, i resisted the urge to throw up and held the womans gaze.

"The master agrees, he will go free along with you" I locked eyes with Mark and he smiled at me. I was happy that he was able to go free, from the look of his eyes and clothes he had been here too long already.

"Now please, let us get you out of here." My head rolled back and i slightly nodded, the two men appeared from behind her and unlocked the cages. Mark backed into the corner, his eyes darting between the men and the doorway that sat wide open at the end of the corridoor.

'don't do it' i thought, just as his eyes made contact with mine. Mark relaxed ever so slightly and sat back on his cott. The men unlocked my cell and then dissapeared back the way they came.

"Now, come with me" The woman stood infront of me now, holding her hand out as though i was going to take it.

I knocked it aside and went to stand up, instantly falling back against the cold stone walls. Pain shot through my side and i screamed, tears staining my vision.

"Mark, help me up" I whispered weakly. My vision growing darker by the minute.

Mark knocked past the woman and slid his arms underneath me. My body complaining the entire way up, i screamed again, my vision wavering and tears falling faster.

"It's okay, i've got you" He said gently, slowly easing me up.

"Hurry up" The woman growled, her features becoming impaitent. Mark walked me out slowly, following the woman up the corridoor past the other cells and out the door at the end, into a winding staircase.

Stone walls encased us as we travelled up slowly, after a few moments we made our way into the sunlight and my vision went black.

Violets P.O.V

I woke up with the sunlight glaring in through the windows, i rubbed my eyes and rolled over to find James staring at me with soft eyes. Flashes of last night made my cheeks grow pink slightly. Skin to skin, my nails running down his back, the love i felt from him.

"I'm sorry, i didn't want to wake you" he said softly. I smiled and touched his cheek, as though he was just my imagination and last night was just a dream. But no, he was real, flesh and blood so to speak.

"We need to get ready, i have a meeting with everyone. It was meant to be last night but...things got in the way." i trailed off slowly, he looked away smiling slightly. I moved back from under the covers, pulling the sheet with me and moving over to the bathroom.

"you know you don't really need that, ive already seen everything" He called in a teasing tone, i could almost hear the smile in his voice.

"Oh shut up" I called back, the glow that lit my cheeks felt strange. But at the same time it was something that i liked the feeling of. i had never felt the intimacy that i had with him, at the same time it made me feel scared about being so open with someone but also, it felt like a weight off my shoulders.

I moved to the showers and stepped into the hot water, steam rising all around me.

"Here, wear this It suits you" I could see the silhouette of James outside the shower, clothes in his arms. i stopped the shower and pulled the towel off the door, wrapping it around myself.