Chapter 7

James P.O.V

The shock was still setting in. Now everyone sat at the dinning table, Blane at the end and Violet standing next to him. The rest of us sitting, just staring at the dead man sitting at our dinning table. Even Max and Hayden, who try to lighten the mood no matter what the situation was, sat at the opposite end. Silent and unmoving. Mayra wouldn't even look up from where she sat, her head stayed down as she fiddled with the hem of her top. Where as Jake couldn't take his eyes off of Blane, it was almost like he was waiting for him to attack all of us.

"We can't just sit here" I said finally, my voice sounding so loud in the utter silence.

"Agreed" Mason spoke up, he stayed leaning against the door frame. Eyes watching everything and everyone. Especially Violet, who was still standing very close to Blane. It made me mad, i had been trying to bring her back for two years and now suddenly Blane returnes and she just comes back to us all. It was wrong but i hated him for that.

"There has to be a catch" Jake said finally. Everyone turned to him. He looked up at us all.

"You can't just come back after two years and not exspect there to be a price to stay" I looked at Violet, her eyes flashed with what looked like anger. I knew that she didn't want there to be any strings attached for him to be able to stay but as i let Jakes words sink in they began to make more and more sence.

Who ever or what ever bought him back definetly wouldn't do it without a reason, meaning that whoever did this would be showing up soon to collect.

"We need to double the security around the place as well as the hunters areas" I turned to Violet then, she was still in a daze. Just staring at Blane.

"You need to call another leader meeting and tell them" immeadietly her head shook.

"No one can know, i know what theyre like and the leaders will want to lock Blane up and study him like some animal. I will not let them do that" Her hand moved to Blanes shoulder.

"I won't allow them to do such a thing. But they must know what has happened, either you do it or i will"

In an instant Violet was infront of me, her face almost touching mine.

"Don't you dare try to threaten me. You do not control me or anyone else, you are beneath me. Not the other way around and don't you ever forget that" Her voice was as cold as ice and her eyes, those soft violet eyes showed no emotion. They were dead and hollow, seeing without seeing and they bore right into my soul.

With that, Violet dissapeared. I didn't even see her run. She was there one moment then gone the next. Everyone was silent, no one even dared to move let alone speak. After what seemed like hours Blane stood up.

" I know that this whole thing has gotten everyone unnerved. But im telling you now, it is me. I remember everything, from Violet laying on that bed to.." Blane paused a moment, we all knew what he was going to say.

"When I died" I looked away, I knew he had volunteered  to save Violet but it still stayed on my conscious. We sat in silence for a few moments, no one daring to talk.

"I'm going to find Violet, if you have any objections to me walking around. Then you can take it up with someone who cares" Blane stood up and walked out. May stood up after another moment.

"I'll head to the library and see if I can find anything in the old books" I nodded to her and she disappeared. When I turned to the rest of the group they all simply stood up and walked out the door, no joking or fun. They simply just left.

I had a really bad feeling about Blane coming back and I could tell Mayra had the same feeling. I heard the window smash, It was going to be a long night.

Violets P.O.V

I smashed one of the upstairs windows in frustration, I was so angry I was shaking. How dare he try to tell me what to do, I was the queen. Not him, I've had it. I jumped out of the window and landed without sound on the grass 30 feet below. I ran through the woods, behind the old mansion there was a large river. I had only found it a couple of months ago, it was at least three meters wide and god only knows how deep. For some reason James could never find me if I passed over it, maybe because the water hid my sent but i wasn't sure.  Of course that's what I planned to do.

I made it to the edge of the water, I could hear Blane back at the house, calling my name. I still wasn't going to stop.The anger that ran through me was so intense, Blane's voice made me want to stop, i wanted to run back to him and never let go but i couldn't let him see what Ive become.

I hit the bank running and lept through the air, as i hit the height of my ascent i felt as though i was in slow motion, then gravity took its toll and i hit back into the other side of the river, my boots sinking into the softness of the bank. i ran through the trees trying to put distance between myself and the mansion. Because i was so intent on my task i almost fell straight into a deep pond. I hadn't seen it here before, but it wasn't like it had grown overnight, Could it?

I knelt down and looked into the still water, it was black and bottomless. I snorted slightly, oh the irony. At least i wasn't the only thing in this world that was described like that. I stopped looking into the water and focused on the reflection of myself. A sad little girl stared back, black hair hung around her pale white face and her eyes rung out more than anything. Sad and dark, almost lonely. Her lips moved slightly.

Alone

 Tears formed and i let out a scream, slamming my hand across the water making the image of the girl disappeared. I skidded back from the deep hole and wrapped my arms around my legs, 'what happened to me? That wasn't my reflection, it couldn't have been. Could it?' 

No mater how many times i repeated those words in my head i knew it was a lie. I was falling apart and no one could stop it.

Blanes' P.O.V

When the window smashed i was the first outside, only James and myself had run outside. We only saw her for a second, a blur running into the woods away from the home. I called her name, trying to bring her home, but she was too far gone. James didnt move, he simply stayed on the steps of the front doors. The trail lead me to a river, just as i hit the bank a scream rang out. I stayed were i was though, there was no fear in it, only anger. I wanted to help her but I wasn't sure she'd want me near her.

The river that ran through the middle of my path also made it hard to reach her. I was too weak to do anything helpful still, all i could do is sit and wait. Hopefully Violet could figure it out herself.

Allys' P.O.V

The shock that ran through me still raged. The note still layed discareded on the floor of the cell and the same question stood clear in my mind.

Who is H?

Mark was asleep on the foul, sunken cot in the corner of his cell. My body clock told me that i sould be asleep too, with the lack of light it was difficult to keep track of the days let alone the time. If my gut was right i knew that this H was going to contact me again soon, i needed sleep but if those men came back i didn't want to be sleeping. It made my skin crawl to even think about the possibility of them coming back. But i had no choice, i needed sleep and i had to get at least an hour or so. My thoughts were already starting to fade.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys! filally updated really sorry about how long it took. My computer should be fixed by next week. Promise more updates are coming

Till next time

Hope xoxo

In the dead of DarknessOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara