Justifying Emotions - Part 14 (Last Part)

(Not proof read)

Kuhu was a confused soul. After leaving Anu’s room, she came running to her room to be alone. But deep inside, she thought that maybe, maybe he would come running to her and somehow give her an explanation to make her feel lighter. But no! Nothing like that happened. That jerk didn’t even bother, let alone talk to her; he had the nerves to go to Bela! Kuhu saw him enter her room, when she herself was about to go to her brother. Which made her wonder, where the hell was her brother? When he needed to kick the bastard’s ass? She sighed with annoyance.

The dork, who occupied Kuhu’s mind the couple of days, not to say months, was the one and only Rehaan. She has been mesmerized by him when she saw him after so long, for Bela’s wedding. They had, we must say, always known each other, but seeing after all this while, brought something new to her, that she didn’t expect. She wasn’t blind and had always found Rehaan attractive, but she just left it to that because he was her brother’s friend. Not the mature one, but the childish one. Kuhu had always loved both his brothers, but she’d always been annoyed with Yuvraaj because he was horrible with people, especially girls. And Rehaan would always follow him, everywhere he went. She never really saw him do anything wrong, but she knew not to play with fire. Now though, all her resolutions went to waste.
Six months ago, when he was back, he wasn’t the Rehaan she knew anymore. He was classier. More talkative and well-mannered. He was more like a gentleman and the moment he laid his eyes on her, her heart skipped a beat and she knew she was a lost case.

She sighed again with frustrations and threw herself on her bed, feeling desperate. She never expected to feel this way and she didn’t want to put a name on that feeling. Ever since Rehaan was back, he had stayed glued to Bela and she wasn’t pleased about it. She knew she had no right to judge either of them but she couldn’t help it. She trusted her sister in law, but then again these two were so close to each other and even her brother seemed to be annoyed about it. Whatever it was, it was the jerk’s fault! She thought she was something in his eyes, every time he’d look at her but maybe she was wrong afterall. And that made her go mad.

She was so lost in her thoughts; she didn’t hear the soft knock on her door. Rehaan who had gathered up his courage to talk to her, took liberty and opened the door. Seeing her across her bed, head in both hands, made his heart drop and he knew this situation couldn’t continue anymore. He made his way to her and barely touched her shoulder.

“Kuhu.” He said softly.

Kuhu, who was so engrossed in her thoughts, was taken aback and jumped out of her bed.

“What the fu…” she almost yelled but Rehaan anticipated her reaction and placed a hand on her mouth.

“ Sshh! I didn’t mean to scare you but I knocked more than twice and you didn’t reply, so I was worried. I just want to talk to you. I will remove my hand now so please do not shout.”

Kuhu couldn’t believe the nerves of this man! First of all, he entered her room unannounced and now he was coming around giving her orders. How soon as he removed his hand, she started off.

“Who the hell do you think you are? Entering my room like this? And why the hell would I want to talk to you?! Look I have nothing to say to a playboy like you. Just leave my roo… Hmph!”

Rehaan who was starting to be annoyed with her rants, yet again a hand on her mouth while holding her hear firmly with the other one.

Kuhu looked at her with wide eyes and struggled to be free from his hold, but she saw determination in his eyes.

“Look I already apologized for coming in without your permission. Just want to say something. Maybe you don’t want to listen to me, but you have to, even if I have to use the hard way.” Rehaan took a deep breath and let his forehead touch hers. He could feel her whole body shaking and his hold tighten. “I am sorry. For whatever happened in Anu’s room. Hell, I am sorry for everything that went wrong since I came here. It was not at all supposed to go that way. Anyway, it already happened and I can’t change anything. I just want you to know, Anu is all wrong here, about everything.” He looked at her in the eyes and what she saw there, made her stare at him while he spoke. “I don’t know how many times I will have to point this out today, but Bela is my best friend. How come she is, doesn’t matter for now but I promise I will explain later. What is important for you to know, is that I love Bela but I am definitely not in love with her and definitely didn’t come here this time for her.” He finished in almost a whisper.

He stayed still for a few moments, to let her process his words and he could feel his own heart pounding in his heart. A movement from her, made him realized he still had his hand on his mouth, and reluctantly removed it and still held her close.

Kuhu hadn’t expected him to be this frank with her and didn’t know how to react.

“ Why are you telling me all this?”

“You know why, Kuhu.”

“Why?” she asked again dumbly.

Rehaan looked at her and he knew he had to tell it out loud.

“Because I love you.” He said in a go, making Kuhu freeze.

She just stood there numb and she couldn’t stop her tears. From the bottom of her heart, he knew he was saying the truth. Rehaan wiped her tears and held on her cheeks. A glance on her lips and she knew what he was about to do. Feeling him lean in closer, she closed her and could feel his breath.

“ Nope! Hell no!”

“Aaaaw! This is so cute!”

They heard at the same time and they both sprang apart as if on fire. Mahir and Bela who had witnessed Rehaan’s declaration, were looking at them and Rehaan cursed himself for not closing the door.

“Damn it.” He mumbled.

“Rehaan, are you done with the talking? Is everything clear now?” Mahir asked, glaring at him.

Kuhu kept looking at the floor, while Rehaan ignored the questions.

“Oh god! What’s wrong with you Mahirji?! Why do you have to know if they talked or not? I told you not to come disturb, and anyway it is clear they were done with the talking and were about to do something else! Right Rehaan?”

Bela was annoyed at her husband but she couldn’t miss the occasion to harass he best friend. She chuckled when he glared at her.

“What do you mean by that? You were the one who said talking was super important, now what happened?” Mahir asked.

“Mahirji, I ..”

“Bhai, Bela.. Err actually we were not done.” Kuhu interrupted and lied to stop yet another fight of theirs.

“See I told you, you would interrupt!” Bela said with yet another glare.

“I can clearly see that.” Mahir said rolling his eyes.

“Acha lets go do our important thing too!”

“Ha ! Finally now you want to take the time to talk!”

“Not at all wifey dearest!  Actions will speak volumes louder than words ever will!*” he said with a wink, making all three of them, look at him with wide eyes. With that, he grabbed his wife’s hand and made his way to his room.

“You too, can continue with your “talks” Rehaan! Good luck! And this time don’t forget to close the door!”

(* “Your actions will always speak volumes louder than your words ever will!” – G.Swiss.)