Justifying Emotions - Part 5

*Note: This part didn't at all turn up as expected. I'm posting it anyway, because even if I've written it several times already, it is not getting any better 😫
Eagerly waiting for your critics😂
Happy reading

(Not proof-read)

The next morning, it was Bela's turn to be frustrated. When she woke up, her first reflex was to look towards the couch. To her disappointment, Mahir wasn't there so she concluded he was downstairs having breakfast. She couldn't help but think about yesterday's events. At first, she had been angry but then, she could understand his point of view. Afterall he had find Rehaan and her, in their room alone and he didn't know they were best friend.
They didn't lead a normal marital life but they had learnt to respect each other. Mahir had always been a gentleman to her, and the only thought of it made her smile. She had realized Mahir was jealous of Rehaan. Did that mean he had feelings for her? Bela was conflicted about her own feelings and now she also had Mahir's to deal about.

When she went downstairs she was annoyed to learn Mahir had already left for work. Was he still angry? Everything went smooth yesterday after their fight and they even talked normally afterwards.  Maybe he indeed had a lot of works to attend to. She didn't have time to ponder about this anymore, as after breakfast, Sumitra came to find her and they soon got lost to their everyday chores. Their morning passed quickly and they didn't even realize when lunchtime arrived.
Kuhu and Rehaan both came down from their respective room. While she went towards her mom, Rehaan went towards Bela.

‘‘What's up? Everything's okay? Your dragon was nowhere to be seen this morning!’’ he joked, earning an eye roll from Bela.

‘‘Rehaan, he is not a dragon. He is not like that normally. He is just … exhausted from work.’’Bela said defensively.

‘‘Bullshit. Come on dude. Atleast don't use these excuses with me.’’ Rehaan said more seriously.

Bela took a deep breath and decided to go with the truth. She started telling him about it, while setting up the table for lunch.

“Well yeah we can say everything's okay . For now. Look Rehaan I know, you explained why you didn't want anyone to know how we are friends, but I think I should at least inform only Mahir about it. Don't look at me like that! This is what it is to be married. I feel that he doesn't like our closeness and it is totally understandable. He is my husband and he has the right not to like it. When he knows how we are related, it should be okay.”

Rehaan was pondering about what she said and he knew she was right. He was only concerned about one thing

‘‘Will you tell him about Kuhu? ’’

‘‘If you don't want me to, I won't.’’ Bela assured him.

“Don't then. At least for now, please. Let me think about it.”

Their discussion was interrupted by loud shrieks, puzzling both of them. Looking in the direction it came from, Bela froze. Indeed, Kuhu and Anu were jumping and hugging, happy to see each other after so long. What irked Bela was Mahir who was standing next to them, holding a suitcase.

“Rehaan, I thought you were going to fetch Anu at the train station.”

“Uhh? Oh yeah, but this morning aunty told me Mahir will go instead. That's why he went to work early I guess, in order to be free by lunchtime. ”