Justifying Emotions - Part 4

(Not proof-read)

Mahir was a trpubled man. When he came home and heard her laughs, he was pleased. He somehow felt guilty for his recent behaviours and had decided he'd apologized. He would have a civilized discussion with her and clear out all his doubts. Well  that was before. When he saw them together, all his resolutions went to the drain and he felt his blood boil. As soon as they noticed him, they both stopped and Rehaan fled after greeting him. Bela was troubled amd had wantes to explain, but he didn't even let her utter one word and he went to the bathroom to take his shower. He had taken refuge there because he didn't want to speak to her badly again. He heard the door slammed softly and assumed she went downstairs.

He spent a good while in the shower to calm down, but he knew his patience was coming to an end. He came out in his pants only as he had forgotten his t shirt on the bed. He didn't expect to find Bela, who was just coming in. She halted in her way and turned around.

“I'm sorry. I come back later.”

This made Mahir see red and his last strand of patience disappeared.

‘‘Why? ’’ he asked angrily.

“Arrey what do you mean by why? You're changing.”

‘‘Here. I'm all clothed. Is it okay now?’’

Bela was now getting ange by the way he was talking to her.

‘‘Yes it is! And why do you always change as soon as I come in the room?‘’

‘‘Bela are you serious? How would I know you are coming if the door is closed? ’’

“Well yeah right.” Bela knew he was right on this point. She was the one only, who was barging in on him when he was half naked. ‘‘At least you can use the bathroom to change, I would be more comfortable with it. ’’

“Oh! So you, my wife, has a problem with me, your husband, if I change in front of you and you're totally okay being that close to Rejaan ??’’ Mahir spat at her.  He couldnt believe sje was saying she wasn't comfortable with.

Bela was dumbstruck by his comments.

‘‘What the hell is wrong with you Mahirji? Look I won't tolerate this. I am done talking to you. ’’

Bela was overwhelmed and didn't expect things to take this turn.  She knew she was stalling. She started turning around to go, when Mahir grabbed her by her and pinned her to the wall, startling her.

‘‘But I am not done talking to you yet.’’ Mahir was shaking.‘‘We will definitely have this talk today. So tell me . What is the problem? Are you regretting our marriage now? Did someone force you? Is there someone else in your life? Do you want a way out?  Tell me! ’’ he shouted.

Bela was shocked and struggled to get out of his grip, but he was holding her firmly.

‘‘Leave me Mahirji! You are hurting me. ’’

‘‘Answer me damn it! ’’ he yelled, smashing the mirror next to her head, making her jump.

The sound of the broken glasses made him snap put of his fury. He stilled and stared at her. He could see he had frightened her and immediately the guilt invaded him.