~37~

Chapter 37: True Love

Chapter Song: Please Don't Leave Quite Yet by Adam Agin

"And, oh I want it to get better. I swear I'll work to make it better. So don't leave just quite yet. Don't leave."

~

                   We all stood there in shock at Scott's confession. He looked to me waiting for my reaction, he wanted me to confirm we were okay but I couldn't do that. He literally could have killed my father if his plan didn't work.
I silently looked away from Scott, I didn't know how I felt yet I needed some time. To much had been going on lately and and the moment we had more to deal with like the evil old man still standing in front of us looking down at his arm that was bleeding black blood at a rapid pace.

He angrily brought his other hand down to his pocket and pulled out what looked to be a pill container. Probably medication for his previous cancer, which is now the least of his worries. He snapped the container open and dumped the blue and white pills into his hand aggressively causing some to fall to the cement floor.

" No, no." He let out angrily as he looked at the pills in his hand before crushing them in his fist. A gust of grey smoke erupted through his fist and I knew what had happened and it was quite clever on Scott's part. He must have had Deatons help.

Gerard opened his fist and let the dust travel father as he angrily screamed up at the sky, " Mountain ash!"

He didn't speak anymore after this because the black blood was not only coming from his bite anymore but it was starting to fall from his nose and to my disgust, his eyes.

I looked away momentarily in disgust as it rolled down his face in abundance but brought my attention back to him as I heard his body make contact with the floor. He had been brought down to his knees, but his body had started twitching and convulsing as he made weird noises as if he was struggling to breathe.

His head arched back unexpectedly and before I had time to register what was happening black blood flew out of his mouth. I step back in disgust as gallons of it flew out as if he was continuously puking.

Isaac came over to me and pulled me into a hug as I kept my eye sight off the horrific sight. I didn't like the man but that was not a sight I wanted to see it was disturbing to say the least. I was cuddled into Isaac's chest and I didn't look away from his blue cardigan until I heard a body hit the floor again.

I pulled my face away to look at the scene but I still had Isaac's arms around me, Gerard was now lying on the ground almost as if he was paralyzed. His body was stuck in hunched up position and his body convulsed every other second.

I turned my head away from Gerard and met the eyes of Scott who's eyes were already locked onto me. I sighed and pushed myself away from Isaac and walked over to him hesitantly, " Why didn't you tell me or my dad for that matter?" I asked as I stopped in front of him.